Public Service Announcement: Safe Sex

Discuss sexuality, whether your own or someone else's.

Re: Public Service Announcement: Safe Sex

Unread postby Biguy » 24th August, 2013, 7:28 pm

darkangel91 wrote:By the way - whenever I hear someone talk about how they are "comfortable with their sexuality," what I hear is "I am nothing but a piece of meat for others to play with, and I pretend I'm comfortable treating myself this way and replacing love, which is satisfying, with sex, which is an insatiable desire and thus inherently unsatisfying, even though in reality I have no self-esteem and I hate my living guts."

Just a little thought for you all to consider.

I'm comfortable with meaningless sex, in fact, it's almost as fun as meaningful sex. Does this mean that I am nothing more than a fuck toy? Hell no, I'm a human who feels love but simply doesn't think that sex and love HAVE to be entwined.
"Why not both?"
Image
User avatar
Biguy
The Oprah of Blowjobs
 
Posts: 621
Joined: 29th July, 2013, 9:28 pm

Re: Public Service Announcement: Safe Sex

Unread postby Stormwatcher » 24th August, 2013, 8:38 pm

DanDan wrote:
Stormwatcher wrote:I want to have meaningless, empty sex with you :heart:

No, we have to consecrate our love through a not currently legal marriage first.

Don't concentrate on the reality, lovely sex-object! Think about how it should be! Dare to dream about a world where marriages are made atop floating rainbows made of chocolate! Don't be a closed-minded person, and open your eyes to my philosophical dream!
Image

ImageImageImageImageImage

Long Live Pooler!
User avatar
Stormwatcher
Older with Meth
 
Posts: 7966
Joined: 31st January, 2012, 12:19 pm
Location: Tampa-area, FL and SF Bay-area, CA
Country: United States (us)

Re: Public Service Announcement: Safe Sex

Unread postby darkangel91 » 24th August, 2013, 9:14 pm

:lol: You people are weird. I simply cannot comprehend your point of view. But then, they say that crazy people always think everybody else is crazy and they're the sane ones, so who knows, maybe I'm bats. But I don't think so. I cannot conceive of how anyone could have meaningless sex without feeling evil and worthless, like they've just wasted themselves. I just don't understand it. I hope I never do, because if I understood people like that, I'd be a person like that. I may be totally wrong about everything, but one thing no one will ever be able to accuse me of is being untrue to my beliefs. I just have to hope I can win people over by a good example, even if I can't win them over with words.

It just makes me feel sick to my stomach to think of all the innocence which is being lost every moment by young people who don't know better than to waste themselves on the first person who's willing to do it with them. And it makes me feel angry enough to want to slam my fist into a wall to think of all the adults, who are supposed to know better, feeding into this foul state of affairs and propagating evil, false beliefs about how being a slut is such a good, acceptable thing. Perhaps there is no good, rational explanation why love is superior to meaningless sex. Or perhaps there is. Regardless, I will hate adultery - and pity adulterers - forever.

I have no desire to offend you. I have no desire to make you feel bad about yourself. And I do not expect you to change your ways or your beliefs, nice as that might be. I just hope that someone reading my words will be swayed by them, and will choose to do the right thing, saving themselves for their eventual mate, instead of being enslaved by sexuality, as so many young people today are.

Also, do you really honestly believe that I really honestly believe that love could ever be chocolate and rainbows? I'm not an idiot. I know that romantic relationships can be, and are, hard. But that's what makes them rewarding, unlike sex, which anyone can do, and is exactly the same every single time, regardless of who you're doing it with or what fetishes you have, and which never poses a challenge or rewards its overcoming. Love, though, is new and unique every moment, with new challenges and new rewards every moment. It is impossible to be satisfied by sexuality, it is a constant craving that never ceases to return. Yet true love, tempered by years of experience with one another, is satisfaction incarnate, naturally peaceful, and a safe place from which to weather any emotional storm, while the poor saps trying to fill the holes in their hearts with meaningless pleasure, like some people try to with drugs or food, are caught out in the storm with nowhere to go, except back into their little illusion.

Forgive me if I sound harsh. But as they say, truth hurts.

Have a nice day.
The lord hath spoken, biatch. :pfft:
darkangel91
Member
 
Posts: 63
Joined: 7th August, 2013, 10:44 am
Country: United States (us)

For post #This post was deleted by Simon on 20th January, 2016, 7:39 pm.
Reason: On Request

Re: Public Service Announcement: Safe Sex

Unread postby The Hierophant » 25th August, 2013, 9:00 pm

darkangel91 wrote:But you see, you're one of these people who's so in love with their idea of the "real world" that they don't care about ideals. Who cares what love really is or what sex really is? What's important is what they should be, and how to make them so if they are not already. Sex has nothing to do with love. And love doesn't cure everything. But sex should be secondary to love, its ultimate culmination, and love should cure everything. Who cares what IS. Let us pretend that things are as they SHOULD BE, and in the pretending, make them so. As the old proverb goes,

"Pretense becomes reality."
This paragraph reveals precisely what is wrong with you. You willingly turn away from using reason to percieve the world, and instead view it through mumbo-jumbo goggles. No wonder you're miserable - you're using this "dream" of yours as a way to escape reality.

Coming together and pretending that there is food has never worked. Look at what it did to the USSR. When you willingly turn away from external reality, you give sanction to any "idealist" who says that everyone should walk around blindfolded so that they are not blinded by the lies that their eyes tell them.
darkangel91 wrote:Faerytales and romance books exist for a reason. They are an as-yet unrealized ideal. But the only value in life comes from bringing ideals closer to realization, and enjoying the ideals that already have been; bringing beauty into the world to redeem and replace the ugliness, and enjoying the beauty that is already here; making the world more magical and less mundane, and enjoying the magic that is already all around us.
Fairy tales and romance books exist for a good reason - to entertain people and, in the case of fables, teach them moral precepts. I don't know where you have come up with the idea that their purpose is to create a security blanket so that you don't have to think about the reality of the world we live in.
darkangel91 wrote:Children do those things all the time; they simply have trouble living in the real world because they are too focussed on Dreams. Many adults, however, seem to be the other way around: blinded and numbed by the pain and imperfection of "reality" to see the beauty and truth of Dreams.
I have a very serious question for you. What do you think would happen to the world if all of the jaded adults were to vanish one day, leaving behind all of the "perfect" children?
darkangel91 wrote:The truth of the matter, as always, lies between those opposing extremes. Instead of allowing real life to hold a tyranny over you, to blind you to ideals, try thinking - just once every day - that whatever the "real world" may be, it is nothing without perfect ideals to strive for.
Only someone dangerously deluded could possibly describe reality as tyrannical.
darkangel91 wrote:Nothing truly valuable is easy to attain. Similarly with love and the like. Instead of hating them for being rare and difficult to attain, and thus, to a mind infatuated with the idea that nothing that isn't already part of the "real world" could possibly be valuable, try valuing ideals all the more BECAUSE they are not YET real.
This is just nonsense. Why should you value something more because it doesn't exist? That has got to be the poorest reason to value something that I've ever heard. Should we value Santa Claus more because he doesn't exist?
darkangel91 wrote:I know I'm not going to get through to you; it is not possible to win an argument with someone convinced of his own correctness, which is why no one has ever won an argument against me. I only hope that someone out there who reads this, who is perhaps more open-minded, will be inspired by my words to reconsider their view of what "reality" really means. For what really is the point of living in an imperfect world without perfect ideals to strive for, and forever grow closer to? That, as far as I can tell, is the only source of value in life.
The fact that you claim that nobody has ever won an argument against you is very revealing. It's obviously because you use your twisted grasp of solipsism to discount every single statement grounded in reality.

Maybe you should work on following a philosophy that doesn't leave you depressed and miserable and start working to actually improve your life instead of sitting around hoping and dreaming.
Image
To avoid unnecessary thread derailment, please direct your complaints to the following links: Public | Private
User avatar
The Hierophant
MOUTAI
 
Posts: 7772
Joined: 13th September, 2009, 12:57 am
Location: Surrey
Country: Canada (ca)

Re: Public Service Announcement: Safe Sex

Unread postby darkangel91 » 30th August, 2013, 3:28 pm

This philosophy is the only thing that stops me from being depressed and miserable. As long as I believe that everything beautiful has a chance of coming to be, even if the real world that I see around me is painfully imperfect, I can survive any hardship, and even think of it as a challenge, a way to prove the power of dreams to overcome anything reality can throw at them - a way to prove my power to Defy Reality Each Available Moment. But back when I had forgotten how to dream, the only thing that stopped me from killing myself was the thought of my mother crying over my grave.

And yes. I know I am somewhat mentally ill. I'm just not sure in what way. Whatever it is, it's impeding my ability to serve the Dream. As long as reality as it is pains me, I will never have the courage to help transform it into what it should be. But if it had never pained me, I do not think I ever would have had the impetus to seriously examine what it should be. So I am grateful for my previous dark experiences. They helped make me who I am. They provided the "dark." The Dream has provided the "angel."

I am working as hard as I can to improve my life. I write songs all the time, and good ones. I practice singing as often as possible, and I am good at it. Though, like everything, my singing ability can and should be improved. Soon I will start trying to record some of my songs, and with my parents' permission, I will release them onto YouTube or something. Even if I don't become a superstar, at least I'll make somebody's day with a catchy song.

And you seem to think the Dream is all about sitting on your ass dreaming. It isn't. Dreams are useless unless you work to make them realities. What I do, all that I do, is for the hope of improving the world I live in. As I am not yet out on my own, I'm using my teenage years to formulate a plan to act upon, a philosophy to teach, and a persona to inspire others with, in such a way as, hopefully, to start making the Dream into a reality.

I know that teenagers should know how to have safe sex. I just take issue with the idea that they ought to be having sex at all. There was a time when I hoped to lose my virginity by the time I was fifteen. Fortunately, I live out in the middle of nowhere, so I had time to grow up and attain some degree of maturity before doing something stupid that I'd regret later on. Sex is for true lovers only. No buts. Somebody needs to have a public service announcement about that. Maybe - MAYBE - it's possible for SOME people to be satisfied having sex with a SMALL number of FRIENDS at various intervals - but it is to be discouraged for the general populace, and going at it with someone you just met that evening is not only stupid and dangerous, but inherently unsatisfying.

If all the jaded adults were to vanish, the children would become worse. Much worse. Children need parents and good moral upbringing. They can't grow in a vacuum. They have a greater natural tendency than anyone else to have hope and faith and the motivation to improve the world. But without parents, teachers, and so on to stoke that flame, and hone their ability to understand and act in the world, they will of course revert to a beastlike state of being. And I never said that all adults were jaded. Only most of them. There are a few - especially seniors, who have lived enough to become somewhat wiser and less taken in by life's illusions - who see the world more clearly.

When I say "pretend it is so," I mean "act as if it is so." This only works with social and moral matters. Of course pretending you have food when you don't doesn't get you anywhere. Only an idiot would think that. What I mean is, if we all start acting like the world is a hell of a lot better than it is, and like people are a hell of a lot better than they are - emphasis on ACTING here, as the world doesn't change just because some naive idiot imagines it will, you have to ACT upon your ideals, not just think them, not even just preach them, ACT - then they will become so. Somebody whose name I forget once said that if we treat men as angels, they will become angels, but if we treat them as they are, they will become beasts. Potent statement, don't you think?

I hope that I have given you a clearer, less crazy-seeming picture of how I view the world. I'm not very good at explaining myself, to be honest. Part of why I'm here is to learn how so that I don't make any major blunders in future when it will really count for me to be able to explain myself well.

Tallyho.
The lord hath spoken, biatch. :pfft:
darkangel91
Member
 
Posts: 63
Joined: 7th August, 2013, 10:44 am
Country: United States (us)

Re: Public Service Announcement: Safe Sex

Unread postby Sullivan » 30th August, 2013, 4:00 pm

darkangel91 wrote:I hope that I have given you a clearer, less crazy-seeming picture of how I view the world.

When I read your posts, all I can picture are dozens of corpses sprawled out face down on a field in Jonestown, Guyana.
User avatar
Sullivan
Member.
 
Posts: 3192
Likes received: 2
Joined: 8th February, 2013, 11:38 pm
Location: Boston
Country: United States (us)

For post #This post was deleted by Simon on 20th January, 2016, 7:39 pm.
Reason: On Request

For post #This post was deleted by Iago on 3rd September, 2013, 6:57 am.
Reason: spam

Re: Public Service Announcement: Safe Sex

Unread postby Skortil Wabramop » 10th December, 2013, 7:52 pm

the link for the America won't work for me... Please help
#gnarsty and if you don't know what gnarsty is, it's gnarly+nasty=gnarsty
User avatar
Skortil Wabramop
New Member
 
Posts: 20
Joined: 4th December, 2013, 9:32 pm
Country: United States (us)

Re: Public Service Announcement: Safe Sex

Unread postby Sullivan » 10th December, 2013, 8:21 pm

Skortil Wabramop wrote:the link for the America won't work for me... Please help

But you can still buy condoms at any CVS or Walgreens (among God knows how many other places), which would probably be the safer, easier thing for you to do. Since you're fifteen, and, if your parents saw the package before you, awkward questions (like what's inside it) might be asked.
User avatar
Sullivan
Member.
 
Posts: 3192
Likes received: 2
Joined: 8th February, 2013, 11:38 pm
Location: Boston
Country: United States (us)

Re: Public Service Announcement: Safe Sex

Unread postby Bourdain » 24th February, 2014, 8:05 am

Uh-oh, did I miss a try-hard emo kid?
ImageImage
User avatar
Bourdain
Analfister4000
 
Posts: 4957
Likes received: 4
Joined: 9th August, 2009, 9:50 am
Location: Portugal, Lisbon
Country: Portugal (pt)

Re: Public Service Announcement: Safe Sex

Unread postby The Hierophant » 24th February, 2014, 11:16 am

Bourdain wrote:Uh-oh, did I miss a try-hard emo kid?

This one was a special kind of dome-damaged.
Image
To avoid unnecessary thread derailment, please direct your complaints to the following links: Public | Private
User avatar
The Hierophant
MOUTAI
 
Posts: 7772
Joined: 13th September, 2009, 12:57 am
Location: Surrey
Country: Canada (ca)

Re: Public Service Announcement: Safe Sex

Unread postby Alexsevic » 16th September, 2014, 2:43 pm

Stormwatcher wrote:
darkangel91 wrote:Why would anyone have sex under eighteen anyway?

Because teenagers are people too. Puberty occurs far before 18, and it's normal for teenagers to be horny and search for a outlet for their sexual frustration. 18 is not some magical age where suddenly people develop sexual desires, and it certainly does not mean they are mature. 18 is simply an arbitrary number; many people are psychologically ready for sex way younger, and others are still immature idiots at 18.

darkangel91 wrote:Not only is it illegal (not that that says anything about its moral meaning), but it's also disgusting.

As Sullivan said, the age of consent is not 18 worldwide, and just because something is illegal does not mean it is a bad thing. It's illegal to smoke marijuana in many places, and yet marijuana has been proven to have many positive effects on its users. It's illegal to jaywalk, but if there are no cars coming (or if there is a shady-looking guy behind you), there's absolutely no reason to stand at an intersection for several minutes waiting for the little green man to tell you to walk. The law does not always know best.

darkangel91 wrote:I'm really not sure why the idea terrifies the living daylights out of me, but it does.

You sound like an anti-gay protester. There is absolutely nothing wrong with two consenting individuals engaging in a completely natural and enjoyable sexual experience with each other. Your fear of sex has zero bearing on anyone other than yourself. It sounds to me like you suffered some form of sexual abuse when you were younger which jaded your entire view of sex.

darkangel91 wrote:Teenagers shouldn't even know sex exists. I'm ashamed I do. They should be focussed on falling in love, finding their soul mate.

Why should they remain oblivious to a basic biological urge? Because some crazy man in the sky said so? Because someone touched you when you were younger? Sex is hardly different from any other pleasurable activity, it simply has been stigmatized by centuries of religious teachings. There is no reason to shield teenagers from sex, particularly because they will try it anyway -- The point is to not remain oblivious to the risks and importance of safe sex.

What does love have to do with anything? If people want to experiment, let them. Your warped morals have zero bearing on what other people should or should not be doing, and, in fact, your views would be a serious danger to society if they ever came to be a reality.

Why would you be ashamed that you know sex exists? You have some serious personal issues you should resolve before they damage you further.

darkangel91 wrote:Sex is supposed to come after - and solely within the bounds of - marriage.

Says who? Why? What is so important about arbitrarily signing some document that certifies your relationship? What would you do if you married someone who couldn't get it up in the bedroom? Marriage is not some infallible construct: Millions of people still have sex outside of marriage, and millions more get divorced because of sexual or personal reasons. Sex isn't supposed to come at a certain time... It's something that both involved parties decide to have when they feel comfortable with each other. If it takes until marriage for you to trust someone (and what changed other than a little piece of paper?!) then you have serious trust issues.

darkangel91 wrote:If people just saved their virginity for their soul mates and waited until marriage, like they're supposed to,

Okay, now you're just batshit insane. Soul mates don't exist. Sure, you can find someone who you would like to spend the rest of your life with, but they are not some magical missing part of you. How does marriage reaffirm that someone is your "soul mate"? It's all a load of bullshit. Why should people repress their natural desires until some silly ceremony happens? You sound like an ultra-right-wing Christian lunatic.

darkangel91 wrote:condoms would be completely unnecessary, now wouldn't they?

NO. NO. NO. There are so many things wrong with this. Sexually transmitted diseases can easily still exist, and just because your partner claims to be exclusive with you doesn't mean he is. Sexual infidelity still exists, and until you have been with someone for an extensive period of time and feel they are entirely trustworthy, it would be silly to not use a condom.

For heterosexual relationships, not using a condom risks STDs AND getting pregnant -- An unwanted and horrible consequence of having sex. The world is overpopulated enough as it is, we don't need more idiots procreating unnecessarily. Why should people have a kid every time they want to get their rocks off? Many people cannot support children, don't like children, or already have too many children. Birth control and abortion are wonderful things that offer people important choices in their lives. They help keep unwanted children from suffering after they are born, while still allowing people who want children to have them.

There are so many things wrong with this last statement, I don't even know where to start. You should go join the Catholic church, since their views are essentially as backwards and fucked up as yours. In fact, you should ask one of the priests to fuck you; I hear they like that sort of thing, and you could certainly use a sexual release or two.


I agreed with everything you said untill i read " just because some crazy guy in the sky said so". Made me stop reading it. I'd agree with everything but some people are actually still religious.. and for you to talk about god as if he were crazy makes me sad cause as i said some do believe in god. I'm not saying that the guy you argumented with was right but only that you could of spare that.
Image

ツ ッ シ
User avatar
Alexsevic
Member
 
First name: Alex
Posts: 75
Joined: 4th May, 2014, 8:46 pm
Location: sweden
Country: Sweden (se)

Re: Public Service Announcement: Safe Sex

Unread postby Vengonva » 22nd January, 2015, 3:20 pm

Is there vaccination shots for HPV?
Image Image Image
"Two bottoms don't make a top"
User avatar
Vengonva
Member
 
Posts: 115
Joined: 20th January, 2015, 3:56 pm
Country: Canada (ca)

Re: Public Service Announcement: Safe Sex

Unread postby Bourdain » 2nd February, 2015, 6:19 am

Vengonva wrote:Is there vaccination shots for HPV?

There are indeed! You should check your vaccine bulletin to see if you already have it and if you need a new injection. For HPV vaccines to be effective, they should be given prior to exposure to HPV. There is no reason to wait until a teen is having sex to offer HPV vaccination to them. Preteens should receive all three doses of the HPV vaccine series long before they begin any type of sexual activity and are exposed to HPV. Also HPV vaccine produces a higher immune response in preteens than it does in older teens and young women.
ImageImage
User avatar
Bourdain
Analfister4000
 
Posts: 4957
Likes received: 4
Joined: 9th August, 2009, 9:50 am
Location: Portugal, Lisbon
Country: Portugal (pt)

For post #This post was deleted by Jacketh on 6th April, 2015, 8:51 am.
Reason: advertising

For post #This post was deleted by Jacketh on 6th April, 2015, 8:53 am.
Reason: Delete

Re: Public Service Announcement: Safe Sex

Unread postby CuteMonsterHunter » 12th September, 2015, 1:16 pm

flavored condoms. Safe and they taste great. :D :heart:
Kik: CuteMonsterHunter
Send a pm
ImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
CuteMonsterHunter
New Member
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 25th July, 2015, 1:32 pm
Country: Turkey (tr)

For post #This post was deleted by Canadianborn on 17th September, 2015, 3:47 am.
Reason: spam

PreviousNext

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CommonCrawl [Bot], Squipel and 17 guests