Mafia Championship Season 5 Invitation

Here you can participate in all manner of forum-wide games and contests, or even start one of your own!

Mafia Championship Season 5 Invitation

Unread postby Dessy » 20th April, 2018, 9:03 pm

It's that time of the year again where we get invited to participate in the mafia championship on Mafia Universe. Thingyman has messaged me with the details.

INVITATION TO THE MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP (SEASON 5)

Hello there! :)

It is with great pleasure that I hereby invite your community to take part in Season 5 of the Mafia Championship.

The Mafia Championship is an annual forum tournament series that pits representatives from various online Mafia (aka Werewolf) communities against one another as they compete to determine the Internet’s greatest forum Mafia player. Each participating community democratically elects one person to represent them and be their “Champion”.

The whole thing started back in 2013, and since then more than 225 different communities and 50+ different nationalities have been represented.

I hope it sounds like a fun and exciting event :)

1. DO YOU ACCEPT THE INVITE?

If your community wishes to participate, please confirm your participation to me as soon as you can to ensure yourselves a spot.

If you agree to participate, the deadline for selecting your representative is May 1. If this is too soon for you to decide on anyone, let me know and we can work something out.

The games will take place on Mafia Universe. If it’s okay, I can link directly to the general discussion thread regarding this topic on Mafia Universe.

Important notes
  • You may decide yourselves how you want to elect your representative, but we highly recommend some sort of democratic process (public nominations followed by a poll usually works out well).
  • In addition to electing a representative, you should also name an alternate who will be asked to step in if the first choice needs to back out.
  • Your representative should be prepared for having to read upwards of 500 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. Additionally, there’s a requirement that each player must make at least 10 posts per Game Day. Only active players should apply/participate. I repeat: Your chosen player needs to be able to promise a good amount of activity on a daily basis.

2. SEASON 5 FORMAT

The tournament structure
  • 170 communities will participate, each sending one representative.
  • 10 Qualifying Games will be played, consisting of 17 players each. I.e. every representative plays in one Qualifying Game. The players themselves vote post-game to determine who is deserving of advancement. 1st place will advance directly to the Finale Game (i.e. 10 of the 17 finalists are found this way), while the 2nd places will advance directly to one of the two Wildcard Games.
  • A Jury consisting of finalists from Season 4 will discuss and vote to determine 25 players in total deserving of a second chance: 1 will advance directly to the finale, and the 24 other players will play in 2 Wildcard Games along with the 2nd places that advanced directly to these. From each game, three players will directly advance to the Finale Game based on a post-game player vote.
  • The Finale Game is played. Once it has completed, the players vote to determine who shall receive the title of Season 5 Champion and a winner’s certificate signed by Dmitry Davidoff, the creator of mafia.
The setup explained very briefly (more details on host site)
This (view picture below) is a semi-open grid setup meant for 17 players: 4 mafia versus 13 townies. First you randomly select a number to decide the mafia team's composition of Power Roles (1-2), then you randomly select a letter to decide the town's composition of Power Roles (A-E). Fill in the number of Vanilla Townies needed to make the town team have 13 members total, and you have your setup.

*Town Jack of All Trades: 1x Vigilante, 1x Roleblocker, 1x Tracker.

Relevant mechanics info
  • Day start.
  • Deadline Lynch w/ Option for Majority starting Day 2. I.e. when day timer runs out, person with most votes will be lynched. However, day can also be ended early (starting Day 2) if there is ever a majority of votes on one person.
  • If there is a tied lynch, one of the tied players will be randomly lynched.
  • No outside communication. I.e. you may not contact the other players outside of the thread (unless you are Mafia and wish to speak with your teammates).
  • Phase Lengths and Deadlines will be up to the players themselves (I’ll organize them into games with deadlines that suit their preferences).
  • Thread is locked during Night Phases.

3. SEASON 5 TIMELINE

There will be 10 Qualifying Games, and your representative plays in just one of these. They will have start dates during the months of May and June. So in other words, as long as your representative can play sometime during that period, they should be good and I’ll make sure they get scheduled into a game that suits their schedule well. I.e. if your rep is busy until June, that isn’t a problem.

Wildcard games will be played in July, and the Finale Game sometime in August/September (whenever we can work out something that suits everyone).

Kind regards,
Thingyman

If you want to get in contact with me ASAP, you can find me on Discord (Thingyman#6075).

If we choose to join in, we must send one person who can play in May or June and for the rest of the summer. As well as an alternative in case our initial choice doesn't work out. If anyone is interested - keep in mind we're sending our best - consider that the set-up is different from GTF meta and a lot more activity involved. Since I know some of you glance over the quoted, I'll quote it again here.

Your representative should be prepared for having to read upwards of 500 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. Additionally, there’s a requirement that each player must make at least 10 posts per Game Day. Only active players should apply/participate. I repeat: Your chosen player needs to be able to promise a good amount of activity on a daily basis.

So yeah, there you go.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Dessy
Elemental Hero JudgeDes

First name: Des
Likes received: 357

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: Mafia Championship Season 5 Invitation

Unread postby Petre » 20th April, 2018, 9:10 pm

Can we just agree that we're sending JT and settle on trying to pick the "alternative?"
Henry Clay compromised the being of the United States.
"The most towny, the most helpful, the best cooperative scum" (Kaspar, Mafia XXXIII): Image
Petre
Mafia A Rank

First name: Peter
Likes received: 163

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
4 / 7

Team: Nerd Herd

Mafia A Rank

Unread postby Dessy » 20th April, 2018, 9:19 pm

Petre wrote:Can we just agree that we're sending JT and settle on trying to pick the "alternative?"

Literally swept the floor as 3P and then helped my mafia team to victory in a semi-bastard game.

Literally on my return to mafia :err:
ImageImage
ImageImage

Dessy
Elemental Hero JudgeDes

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Dua Lipa » 20th April, 2018, 9:34 pm

Twink enthusiast

ImageImage

ImageImage
Dua Lipa
Actually Heterosexual

First name: Ethan
Likes received: 832

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
4 / 7

Unread postby CRUSTY SEA MILF » 20th April, 2018, 10:47 pm

I think Dessy is probably our only member with the time to do this with maybe Cobalt as a sub?
I think people underestimate how many posts can happen in 10 minutes on MU, I've played in games there and it's extremely difficult to keep up at times
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
CRUSTY SEA MILF wrote:You the right boob to my left, the peanut butter to my jelly, the Donald to my Melania, the Trisha Paytas to my 5 pounds of salami
CRUSTY SEA MILF
Egregious Infundibular

First name: Brennan/wolbre4
Likes received: 422

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
3 / 7

Unread postby Cobalt » 21st April, 2018, 3:46 am

I have gone to champs every year since season 2 and I've died night one every time bcos scum is scared of me.

Please let me go and make it further this time. :awesome:
Cobalt
Momderator

Likes received: 299

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby Lochlan » 21st April, 2018, 5:32 am

Cobalt wrote:I have gone to champs every year since season 2 and I've died night one every time bcos scum is scared of me.

Please let me go and make it further this time. :awesome:

Dessy as first choice, JT as distant second? :P
Nerd Herd Team Captain
Click Icon For Nerd Herd Points Breakdown

Lochlan
BOT Hunter

First name: Lochlan
Likes received: 292

:
Tier III
Progress to next tier:
0 / 14

Team: Nerd Herd

Unread postby Corrdorr » 21st April, 2018, 10:08 am

Honestly JT and Des are the most viable competitors, but I’m happy to slot in as a tentative second replacement
Image Image Image Image

Corrdorr
Looks Pretty Good for a Dead Bitch

First name: Corey
Likes received: 170

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
4 / 7

Unread postby Dessy » 22nd April, 2018, 11:14 pm

So... yeah, we need to choose as a group. Since we need a main and an alternate, two nominations are needed. For the sake of simplicity, you can nominate anyone that played multiple games of mafia on here, provided that they actually want to do this. Cobalt, Corrdorr, and I have expressed interest, so far.

Vote like this, add reason if you want. You may nominate yourself.

1st Choice: Player X
2nd Choice: Player Y

Final result will be compiled next Sunday, April 29th, one week from now.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Dessy
Elemental Hero JudgeDes

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby CRUSTY SEA MILF » 22nd April, 2018, 11:43 pm

Choice 1: Des
Choice 2: Cobalt
Choice: 3 Corey
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
CRUSTY SEA MILF wrote:You the right boob to my left, the peanut butter to my jelly, the Donald to my Melania, the Trisha Paytas to my 5 pounds of salami
CRUSTY SEA MILF
Egregious Infundibular

First name: Brennan/wolbre4
Likes received: 422

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
3 / 7

Unread postby Cobalt » 23rd April, 2018, 12:11 am

I would really like to go and hopefully roll scum this year or live long enough to make an impact. I know I'm good enough to advance to finals.

First choice: Cobalt
Second choice: Corrdorr
Third choice: Dessy

I would probably flip them but I want Des to get less points on me :err:
Cobalt
Momderator

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby Dua Lipa » 23rd April, 2018, 12:24 am

Just throwing a wild card here, how about me :eli: which one players gameplay best represents GTF the best? Myself - I am messy, I don't listen to others suggestions and I'm good at surviving for a long time even though im slowly dying inside!
Twink enthusiast

ImageImage

ImageImage
Dua Lipa
Actually Heterosexual

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
4 / 7

Unread postby Cobalt » 23rd April, 2018, 12:26 am

Dua Lipa wrote:Just throwing a wild card here, how about me :eli: which one players gameplay best represents GTF the best? Myself - I am messy, I don't listen to others suggestions and I'm good at surviving for a long time even though im slowly dying inside!

Veto :err:
Cobalt
Momderator

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby Dessy » 23rd April, 2018, 12:41 am

Dua Lipa wrote:Just throwing a wild card here, how about me :eli: which one players gameplay best represents GTF the best? Myself - I am messy, I don't listen to others suggestions and I'm good at surviving for a long time even though im slowly dying inside!

On your first game here you literally copied my gif game and too it to the max. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...

ImageImage
ImageImage

Dessy
Elemental Hero JudgeDes

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Cobalt » 23rd April, 2018, 12:42 am

Dessy wrote:

On your first game here you literally copied my gif game and too it to the max. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...

fdboigrehafjdslvfew :weep: :clap3: :tea:
Cobalt
Momderator

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby Dua Lipa » 23rd April, 2018, 1:01 am

Dessy wrote:

My first game was all kanye gifs sister nice fake tea, I aint never seen you post any gif other than queens or troye
Twink enthusiast

ImageImage

ImageImage
Dua Lipa
Actually Heterosexual

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
4 / 7

Unread postby Corrdorr » 23rd April, 2018, 2:30 am

LKJHBEFRKJESDESF
:weep: :weep: :weep:
Image Image Image Image

Corrdorr

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
4 / 7

Unread postby Dessy » 23rd April, 2018, 3:26 am

I would like to submit my scum gameplay in this thread to the mafia hall of fame

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=71770

ImageImage
ImageImage

Dessy
Elemental Hero JudgeDes

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Corrdorr » 23rd April, 2018, 5:19 am

ACtually, all three of us nominees are ultra good scum now that i think about it
Image Image Image Image

Corrdorr

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
4 / 7

Unread postby Cobalt » 24th April, 2018, 1:12 pm

I think I might throw my support behind Des for this one, since he's also relatively well-known on MU, and because I'd rather focus on the house cup and the forum this summer rather than getting looped into champs mania.
Cobalt
Momderator

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Next

Recently active