2000 Blank White Cards Returns! [game play]

Here you can participate in all manner of forum-wide games and contests, or even start one of your own!

2000 Blank White Cards Returns! [game play]

Unread postby Squipel » 3rd March, 2018, 11:54 am

2000 Blank White Cards

[Reveal] Spoiler: Rules
2000 Blank White Cards is a game about making a game. Rules can be changed, scrapped, reversed, or created at any point by playing of cards. All you need to do to play is be able to make an image in Paint or another image editing program and host it on the internet - I recommend imgur.

During registration, each player will PM me 5 cards. These cards can be as simple or as complex as you wish, but many follow this guide:

Wikipedia (clearly the fountain of all knowledge) says:
A card consists (usually) of a title, a picture and a description of its effect. The title should uniquely identify the card. The picture can be as simple as a stick figure, or as complex as the player likes. The description, or rule, is the part that affects the game. It can award or deny points, change the direction of play, or do anything the player can think of. The rules written on cards in play make up the majority of the game's total ruleset.

I will add 5 of my own cards to the players pre-made cards, and twice as many blank cards will be shuffled in with these to create the starting deck. Each player will then be dealt a hand of 7 cards to begin with.

Each turn, players will be dealt one new card, and then play one card from their hand. They can play a pre-made card, or, if they have a blank card, create a new card and play it, simply by posting it in thread. The player list will be shuffled just before the game begins and turns will go from top of player list to bottom (and then wrap around back to top).
It is possible to play cards when it is not your turn, if specified on the card. However, at no point may a blank card be played when it is not your turn.

Once all the cards have been dealt out and played, the winner will be determined.

Cards target a single player which must be specified when the card is played, unless it specifically states otherwise.

Cards cannot cause a player, including yourself, to skip a turn.
Cards cannot erase Black Marks.

Deadline to play a card is 24 hours after new turn is announced.
Any missed deadlines or other rule infractions will incur Black Marks being added to your score.
3 Black Marks and you will be removed from the game. If you feel you will not be able to continue playing, please PM me and we'll see if we can find a replacement. If a replacement cannot be found, or if a player is removed from the game, any cards that player played will remain in play but their hand will be placed in the discard pile (after being revealed to all players).

The host retains automatic veto power on any cards played, and the host's decision on this is final. Some cards just make the game really soul-destroying to play - I'll allow some envelope-pushing, but if it's a card that's likely to render the game horrid to play then I'm not going to allow it.

By the way, if I do get two cards that are identical (from to players) I'll send them both back :heart:

Due to the nature of this game, the very method which determines the winner is likely to change mid-game. The game itself is about creativity rather than strategy though, so try not to take it too seriously.

Please don't post in dark blue.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Long winded thing on card theory - read this if you're confused about how points work
2KBWC handles point gaining rather differently to how it would be assumed to work. For example, if I were to write a card, "Points", saying "Give self +1000 points", the card itself is worth 1000 points. I then play that card, placing it in front of myself on the table and awarding myself 1000 points. These points can be taken away again by simply discarding "Points" - the card itself is what is worth points. Some cards do not have a point value until assigned, and indeed can have different point values for different players if it affects more than one - Leech Life, for example, has a point value of +(1/2 of target's points) for the player and -(1/2 of target's points) for the target. Hnngh played Leech Life on hamid95, so Leech Life is now worth +500 to Hnngh and -500 to hamid95 - these values are now set, and cannot change until the card is discarded and replayed, if such circumstances arise. If the card is discarded, Hnngh will lose 500 points and hamid95 will gain 500 points. It is therefore always possible to reset everyone to zero points by discarding all cards. Cards that affect more than one person are played into the centre of the table.

In this way, most cards stay on the table until discarded. The only ones which do not are those without a continuing effect - Nicking sugar, for example. It would be impractical for card stealing to behave in a continuous manner - Russell could not get the cards back by discarding Nicking sugar! - and so it is discarded immediately.

Note also that cards in the discard pile can, of course, be shuffled back into the deck, someone's hand, the playing field, and generally can be manipulated quite extensively. Destroyed cards, on the other hand, are utterly out of the game - destroying cards should not be done too often, therefore. If a written card specifies that it is "destroyed after use", I will translate that as "discarded", unless specifically told otherwise.

As a final note, it is impossible to create a card that cannot be discarded. Even if a card specifies that it cannot, it is trivial to write a card that says something along the lines of "all cards which say that they cannot be discarded now can be discarded". The rules and boundaries of this game are constantly in flux. Take nothing to be concrete. (except of course destroyed cards being gone. They are a definite rule that is immutable.)

[Reveal] Spoiler: Simpler rules - @Wolbre04
Send cards to me, 5 please. They should not be blank or include adding or removing black marks to/from players or include skipping a turn.
You get 7 cards each at the start of the game, which include, blank cards and cards submitted.
If you send in a card that is too similar to a card that has already been submitted, it will be returned (to both people that submitted it)
Each turn, play a card from your hand. You have 24 hours.
If you choose to play a blank white card then you must say what the action is (and supply pictures etc.)
Failure to play a card within time will result in a black mark.
I can veto any card you play.
My decision is final.
If you can't play anymore, tell me and I will try to find a subsitute.
Don't post in dark blue.

Happy now brennan? :P
Player list:

Code: Select all
Gingerman (Host) ---------- 0 points --------------- 1 black mark
Chocolate papa ------------ 1,302 points ----------- 0 warnings ------------------- 2  s e e d s
Gay couple ---------------- 433 points ------------- 1 black mark ----------------- 1  s e e d
Luke ---------------------- 904 points ------------- 0 warnings ------------------- 1 s e e d
Creamy Shrek -------------- -962 points ------------ 1 black mark

Game has commenced!
Last edited by Squipel on 11th April, 2018, 9:06 am, edited 49 times in total.
Squipel
King of the Gingers

First name: James
Likes received: 28

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: 2000 Blank White Cards Returns! [signups] (with a new host)

Unread postby Kaspar » 5th March, 2018, 2:05 pm

i mean, I could play but you gotta remember it takes an extreme amount of time and effort to run it James :rip: Funnily enough, I was thinking about posting a come-back of that exact same game like a few days ago, but I guess you beat me to it :P
Also guys, do sign up, it's extremely fun!
Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kaspar
Lochlan's cat enthusiast

First name: Kacper
Likes received: 702

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
4 / 7

Unread postby Squipel » 6th March, 2018, 4:21 am

Kaspar wrote:i mean, I could play but you gotta remember it takes an extreme amount of time and effort to run it James :rip: Funnily enough, I was thinking about posting a come-back of that exact same game like a few days ago, but I guess you beat me to it :P
Also guys, do sign up, it's extremely fun!

Thank you Kacper!
p.s. don't forget to send cards when you sign up guys!
Squipel
King of the Gingers

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Woollyhoolly » 6th March, 2018, 4:57 am

I also like the idea!

I’ll send my cards either this or the next weekend, okay?
Made you look

Trudeau's my daddy
Woollyhoolly
Classy

First name: Tim
Likes received: 156

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
2 / 7

Unread postby Squipel » 6th March, 2018, 11:21 am

Woollyhoolly wrote:I also like the idea!

I’ll send my cards either this or the next weekend, okay?

Thanks temi :heart:

That's fine, as long as their in before the game so I don't have to chase you shaking a stick at you :P
Squipel
King of the Gingers

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Lochlan » 6th March, 2018, 12:40 pm

Ah fuck it, why not. I'm game.
Nerd Herd Team Captain
Click Icon For Nerd Herd Points Breakdown

Lochlan
BOT Hunter

First name: Lochlan
Likes received: 292

:
Tier III
Progress to next tier:
0 / 14

Team: Nerd Herd

Unread postby Squipel » 8th March, 2018, 5:08 am

Lochlan wrote:Ah fuck it, why not. I'm game.

Thanks Loch!
Squipel
King of the Gingers

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Luke » 8th March, 2018, 8:31 am

This looks interesting :thumbsup: Sign me up.
Luke
Kev's and Blen's dog

Likes received: 27

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Squipel » 8th March, 2018, 9:50 am

Luke wrote:This looks interesting :thumbsup: Sign me up.

Thanks!
Remember the cards guys!
Preferably sooner than the 20th march deadline. (By more than a few minutes).
Squipel
King of the Gingers

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Squipel » 13th March, 2018, 3:11 pm

Guys, please at least have thought about what you're doing for cards.
I don't care if it's a line of text and a picture screen-shotted from word, it's a card
You've got 7 days before I start stressing and nagging y'all :heart:
Squipel
King of the Gingers

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby CRUSTY SEA MILF » 13th March, 2018, 3:32 pm

You'll get mine later this week I cba with anything other than mafia
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
CRUSTY SEA MILF wrote:You the right boob to my left, the peanut butter to my jelly, the Donald to my Melania, the Trisha Paytas to my 5 pounds of salami
CRUSTY SEA MILF
Egregious Infundibular

First name: Brennan/wolbre4
Likes received: 422

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
3 / 7

Unread postby Squipel » 13th March, 2018, 3:36 pm

wolbre04 wrote:You'll get mine later this week I cba with anything other than mafia

:eyes: now you sign up! :P
Squipel
King of the Gingers

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Squipel » 18th March, 2018, 8:45 am

Gentle reminder - these are due on Tuesday guys.
Squipel
King of the Gingers

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Squipel » 20th March, 2018, 5:47 am

Just a gentle reminder. You have 14 hours left to submit cards.
Squipel
King of the Gingers

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Woollyhoolly » 23rd March, 2018, 1:47 pm

im psyched to start :)
Made you look

Trudeau's my daddy
Woollyhoolly
Classy

First name: Tim
Likes received: 156

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
2 / 7

Unread postby Squipel » 25th March, 2018, 6:30 am

DMs on discord are being sent out right now with your cards.
Squipel
King of the Gingers

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Squipel » 25th March, 2018, 7:15 am

The order for play is now as follows:
Luke
Lochlan
Brennan
Temii

Game we commence 8:00 BST.

Please pm me your cards within 24 hours of the last card being played.
Squipel
King of the Gingers

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: 2000 Blank White Cards Returns! [game play]

Unread postby Squipel » 26th March, 2018, 2:29 pm

Luke has played a card!
He has played:
Have fun

All players must now submit a welcoming gif. All players that successfully complete this will gain 111 points. EDIT: You have until 8:00 BST tomorrow. Failure to do so will result in a loss of 111 points.

Lochlan it is now your turn, your turn will end at 19:30 BST tomorrow. Please dm me your card (on discord please) before then and I will complete your action for you.
Squipel
King of the Gingers

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Luke » 26th March, 2018, 2:31 pm

Let's start this game, booys :P
Luke
Kev's and Blen's dog

Likes received: 27

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby CRUSTY SEA MILF » 26th March, 2018, 2:36 pm

Here's my welcome gif
Let's get this train moving
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
CRUSTY SEA MILF wrote:You the right boob to my left, the peanut butter to my jelly, the Donald to my Melania, the Trisha Paytas to my 5 pounds of salami
CRUSTY SEA MILF
Egregious Infundibular

First name: Brennan/wolbre4
Likes received: 422

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
3 / 7

Next

Recently active