GTF Mafia XXIX - Back to Basics - Night Four

Here you can participate in all manner of forum-wide games and contests, or even start one of your own!

Re: GTF Mafia XXIX - Back to Basics - Night Four

Unread postby Kaspar » 27th November, 2017, 7:23 am

@Cobalt is he inactive enough to DQ him?

Alright, I'm leaving No lynch

How many hours till the end of the day?
Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017



ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
Kaspar
Lochlan's cat enthusiast
 
First name: Kacper
Posts: 2604
Likes received: 695
Joined: 18th January, 2017, 5:50 pm
Location: Northern Poland almost by the sea ey
Country: Poland (pl)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier III
Progress to next tier:
6 / 14

Re: GTF Mafia XXIX - Back to Basics - Night Four

Unread postby Lightbringer » 27th November, 2017, 10:51 am

He is absent for 6 days now. I'd say its enough for DQ.

And we have until 11 PM EST, which is like 12 hours from now.
Image
User avatar
Lightbringer
Member
 
First name: Lukas
Posts: 467
Likes received: 20
Joined: 16th September, 2016, 5:02 pm
Location: Deutschland
Country: Germany (de)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: GTF Mafia XXIX - Back to Basics - Night Four

Unread postby Zephyrus » 27th November, 2017, 1:05 pm

No lynch seems like the best thing to do. But, how will the DQ work? If Sig is town, and he is disqualified, won't we still lose because we'll be left with two people by the next day.

No lynch
Image
User avatar
Zephyrus
Formerly "BucketTech"
 
First name: Tyler
Posts: 515
Likes received: 66
Joined: 21st August, 2016, 7:35 pm
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier III
Progress to next tier:
9 / 14

Team: Nerd Herd

Re: GTF Mafia XXIX - Back to Basics - Night Four

Unread postby Lightbringer » 27th November, 2017, 1:57 pm

The idea was he would get DQ'd right now so we would lynch someone right away. But that doesn't seem to be happening it seems.

We should just wait and see what happens then.

No Lynch
Image
User avatar
Lightbringer
Member
 
First name: Lukas
Posts: 467
Likes received: 20
Joined: 16th September, 2016, 5:02 pm
Location: Deutschland
Country: Germany (de)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: GTF Mafia XXIX - Back to Basics - Night Four

Unread postby Cobalt » 28th November, 2017, 8:25 am

Given the circumstances, I am going to have to disqualify Sig.

The phase will progress with Lightbringer, BucketTech, and Kaspar as the final three. Sig was the medic.

I cannot disqualify him as an auto-lynch, or allow the no lynch to go through and disqualify him before the night kill, because that would instantly end the game in favor of mafia and that isn't fair. Thus, this would be the same as if no lynch was reached, and Sig was killed in the night by the mafia. Same effect, same result. Given that he was the only remaining claim still alive in the game, it could have affected the game in multiple ways, but as it stands whatever strategic impact he might have had from potentially being alive in the final 3 as a claimed town role simply cannot be achieved when he isn't here. So this is essentially a forced mafia night kill target for the purpose of letting the game progress to the final three.

Thanks for your continued activity and being the only ones left, great job, and have fun figuring it out.

You have until Thursday night at 11 PM EST to deliberate and make your final votes.

I don't have time for a formatted post right now, but carry on.
User avatar
Cobalt
Momderator
 
Posts: 21656
Likes received: 298
Joined: 1st August, 2009, 12:20 am
Country: United States (us)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: GTF Mafia XXIX - Back to Basics - Night Four

Unread postby Lightbringer » 28th November, 2017, 10:14 am

That is a very good decision Cobalt.

Anyway we have a long day and I have to decide which one of you is mafia. I'm slightly leaning on bucket, but its not final at all. One of you is town and I really want him to prove it to me this phase.

And don't vote too early. Its probably locked.
Image
User avatar
Lightbringer
Member
 
First name: Lukas
Posts: 467
Likes received: 20
Joined: 16th September, 2016, 5:02 pm
Location: Deutschland
Country: Germany (de)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: GTF Mafia XXIX - Back to Basics - Night Four

Unread postby Cobalt » 28th November, 2017, 1:47 pm

Oh yeah.

Given that it's LYLO, all votes are final. An incorrect vote from town can be hammered immediately by mafia. Choose wisely.
User avatar
Cobalt
Momderator
 
Posts: 21656
Likes received: 298
Joined: 1st August, 2009, 12:20 am
Country: United States (us)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: GTF Mafia XXIX - Back to Basics - Night Four

Unread postby Lightbringer » 29th November, 2017, 9:21 am

No have has posted?

Its going to be a blind vote it seems.
Image
User avatar
Lightbringer
Member
 
First name: Lukas
Posts: 467
Likes received: 20
Joined: 16th September, 2016, 5:02 pm
Location: Deutschland
Country: Germany (de)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: GTF Mafia XXIX - Back to Basics - Day One

Unread postby Zephyrus » 29th November, 2017, 5:22 pm

I'm only really suspicious of Kaspar. Light appears to be town from his post responding to Sig, and I'm inclined to believe that post.

I took a gander at the very start of the game to take a look at Kaspar's interactions with people. He ends up voting to lynch George, but how he builds up to this is also interesting. He asks Lochlan who he would vote (although Lochlan had already voted to lynch George) and then decides to lynch George. He seems to be building up to lynching George by subtly hinting it. His actual lynch post for George was very bare, with no real reason.He then clarifies his reasoning as
Kaspar wrote:
wolbre04 wrote:-snip-

It's not silly, it's how generating new information works and it's reasonable.
This doesn't mean that it has to be George that is lynched in any way though.

Sig wrote:-snip-


Alright, so I've already said it but I'll repeat:
Your questions are just suspicious and feel like just a great way to help the mafia - even if you're town tbh.
I'm not going to answer, but you should feel free to check out how I played in the last two mafia on GTF. I just refrain from people later quoting my words in a different context and using that as a valid argument.
What I do think is strange though Sig, is that like 3/4 of the players haven't done what you tell them to - yet I'm the only one being attacked for that.


As for your accusation of me just jumping on a wagon easily - of course there is a reason. I just think that George - Jack situation is just worth intervening in. Lynch of either one of them will give some information, I am equally inclined to go for Jack as for George, and seeing how the votes on George already were there, as I didn't start the wagon, it is just sensible to vote for him, in order not to split the vote and finally go with no lynch which is what several people are trying to push through right now! Voting on the first day is not only necessary, I'd even say it's common sense, this is what town players have to do to generate information, even if at cost. It's really not that hard to grasp.
Now that we know that George was town and Jacketh was Mafia, this could be an extremely subtle way to try and push a town lynch, whilst also defending Jack.

I can't really say much more because I'm quite tired, but I'll try to tomorrow. I thought I'd throw something out for discussion.
Image
User avatar
Zephyrus
Formerly "BucketTech"
 
First name: Tyler
Posts: 515
Likes received: 66
Joined: 21st August, 2016, 7:35 pm
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier III
Progress to next tier:
9 / 14

Team: Nerd Herd

Re: GTF Mafia XXIX - Back to Basics - Night Four

Unread postby Kaspar » 29th November, 2017, 5:33 pm

Oi, Tyler is right. I was genuinely certain George was scum and wanted to lynch him day one. Does that mean I defended Jack? Not really. Does that prove I'm mafia? Not really either, there were plenty people who said exactly the same thing and were town.
Do you say I'm mafia because you think Light is town or do you have proper clues?

I can't analyse you in a proper way, cause for the most part you stayed semi-silent or just neutral. I wrote a thing one page ago and I think I still stand by my opinion.
Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017



ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
Kaspar
Lochlan's cat enthusiast
 
First name: Kacper
Posts: 2604
Likes received: 695
Joined: 18th January, 2017, 5:50 pm
Location: Northern Poland almost by the sea ey
Country: Poland (pl)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier III
Progress to next tier:
6 / 14

Re: GTF Mafia XXIX - Back to Basics - Night Four

Unread postby Zephyrus » 30th November, 2017, 12:44 pm

Kaspar wrote:Oi, Tyler is right. I was genuinely certain George was scum and wanted to lynch him day one. Does that mean I defended Jack? Not really. Does that prove I'm mafia? Not really either, there were plenty people who said exactly the same thing and were town.
Do you say I'm mafia because you think Light is town or do you have proper clues?

I can't analyse you in a proper way, cause for the most part you stayed semi-silent or just neutral. I wrote a thing one page ago and I think I still stand by my opinion.
People saying what you said, and them being town, doesn't make you town. I think you're Mafia because I'm pretty certain that Light is town and that leaves only you. Can I also ask why you suddenly returned after I accused you?

Also:
Kaspar wrote:Alright if George is truly the detective, and I'm highly inclined to believe so, then Jack lynch is definitely what we're doing today. If someone else is the detective though and George is bluffing though - I guess it's a idea to come out right now as well.
So until anyone else shows up with interesting stuff - Lynch Jacketh
This concerned me slightly. You have certainly played very cautiously throughout the whole of this game, but your caution here is quite suspicious. You ask people to claim on the cop to see if George is bluffing. Once again, this is all speculation, but this could be a way to confirm who is the cop so that you would know who to night-kill.

Another thing on voting: like most people (me included), you've gone with the flow and been in most wagons that resulted in a lynch. However, I notice before each one you always make it clear that you're not convinced about this wagon. This way, if you are ever questioned, you've got an excuse.

Perhaps I could be tunnelling, but, unless you can convince me otherwise, you are who I am going to vote to lynch and you are the person I think is Mafia.
Image
User avatar
Zephyrus
Formerly "BucketTech"
 
First name: Tyler
Posts: 515
Likes received: 66
Joined: 21st August, 2016, 7:35 pm
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier III
Progress to next tier:
9 / 14

Team: Nerd Herd

Re: GTF Mafia XXIX - Back to Basics - Night Four

Unread postby Lightbringer » 30th November, 2017, 4:48 pm

Well its getting closer to end of phase so we have to decide.
Image
User avatar
Lightbringer
Member
 
First name: Lukas
Posts: 467
Likes received: 20
Joined: 16th September, 2016, 5:02 pm
Location: Deutschland
Country: Germany (de)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: GTF Mafia XXIX - Back to Basics - Night Four

Unread postby Lightbringer » 30th November, 2017, 5:09 pm

I remember Kaspar trying more as town to win when 3 people remained. He might as well be the remaining mafia.

But really, I really have no idea and rereading posts did nothing for me. There was just not enough posting this game.
Image
User avatar
Lightbringer
Member
 
First name: Lukas
Posts: 467
Likes received: 20
Joined: 16th September, 2016, 5:02 pm
Location: Deutschland
Country: Germany (de)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: GTF Mafia XXIX - Back to Basics - Night Four

Unread postby Lightbringer » 30th November, 2017, 5:43 pm

Its late and I need to sleep and I can't be around anymore. I need to get up early tomorrow.

My vote is everything since both of you will vote for each other anyway. I tried and in the end I could make a 49/51 possibility of Kaspar being mafia, and solely because how different he has played this game. Otherwise there are not enough posts in this game to make a proper read, not by a long shot. So I tried my best. Bucket has even fewer posts in a game where posts are very few to begin with.

All in all not the most active game I played, but I play all games until the end and this should not be different. But I'm literally tossing a coin here, and the results will not really bother me. Like how a coin toss wouldn't.

Lynch Kaspar
Image
User avatar
Lightbringer
Member
 
First name: Lukas
Posts: 467
Likes received: 20
Joined: 16th September, 2016, 5:02 pm
Location: Deutschland
Country: Germany (de)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: GTF Mafia XXIX - Back to Basics - Night Four

Unread postby Kaspar » 30th November, 2017, 6:01 pm

Tyler, it's so frustrating. You're smart, but there are a few gaps in your arguments that are either just plain mistakes or slight manipulation tbh.

Nowhere have I said that because many town players thought the same way I did, I'm certainly civil - it's not necessarily true. You tried to pull the very opposite thing on me just a few posts above though - that because of the mistake I made somewhere in the beginning of the game, I did not just make it, but must have planned beforehand and wanted to manipulate. None of these two need to apply to be fair.

You can't just claim I'm scum because I'm cautious :v Like, you state that in literally every vote I said "I don't know, I'm not sure, Maybe he's not guilty", which once again, is simply not true.
There are votes when you are sure (like I was - incorrectly - in the almost George lynch). When you have a cop who gives you red checks, there's no place for debating. If we're lynching someone on a very dim sum of arguments and with some debatable ones... Of course I'm gonna speculate and everyone thinking straight should too.
Being cautious is a very important part of the judging process and just because I said that for example Brennan might not be mafia but just messy - it doesn't mean I wanted to say "Look, I surely know he's town so I'm gonna fool you by saying I think he might not be guilty"
Like man, this is some very low tier manipulation, don't think of me so low.
Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017



ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
Kaspar
Lochlan's cat enthusiast
 
First name: Kacper
Posts: 2604
Likes received: 695
Joined: 18th January, 2017, 5:50 pm
Location: Northern Poland almost by the sea ey
Country: Poland (pl)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier III
Progress to next tier:
6 / 14

Re: GTF Mafia XXIX - Back to Basics - Night Four

Unread postby Kaspar » 30th November, 2017, 6:02 pm

I don't know Light, like what more there is to say. I posted a big post about what I think about the situation and who is who last page. Nothing changed until now tbh
Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017



ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
Kaspar
Lochlan's cat enthusiast
 
First name: Kacper
Posts: 2604
Likes received: 695
Joined: 18th January, 2017, 5:50 pm
Location: Northern Poland almost by the sea ey
Country: Poland (pl)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier III
Progress to next tier:
6 / 14

Re: GTF Mafia XXIX - Back to Basics - Night Four

Unread postby Zephyrus » 30th November, 2017, 6:05 pm

It is nearing the end. I'm not going to continue making justifications for this. I'm done.

Lynch Kaspar

If you can't decide between me and Kaspar, Light, I've made lots of cases against him. Kaspar has made two (that I can find) about me and they're easily explained away.

One is this idea that my activity increased following the Mafia deaths. If you look at my posts, and when they were posted, you'll find that they were generally the same amount of time apart. It's only in the final four players that I did have a surge in activity, but this was because activity was crucial at this point (and still is). Kaspar certainly seems to be exaggerating this increase in posts and activity, and twisting it as an excuse to lynch me, but when you look at the facts, you'll realise that no significant increase in activity jumps out.

The second reason he believes I'm scum is because he thinks that the Mafia team stayed the same after Influp's DQ. Of course, this is a valid point, but this could also be used to show that Kaspar is scum too.

I'll see the outcome of this game tomorrow. Good night, good luck, and good game.
Image
User avatar
Zephyrus
Formerly "BucketTech"
 
First name: Tyler
Posts: 515
Likes received: 66
Joined: 21st August, 2016, 7:35 pm
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier III
Progress to next tier:
9 / 14

Team: Nerd Herd

Re: GTF Mafia XXIX - Back to Basics - Night Four

Unread postby Kaspar » 30th November, 2017, 6:10 pm

I'm just quoting this as my final thoughts once again and just going to bed for now.

Kaspar wrote:Ok, I think I got this cracked up. Read on:

@Light are you SURE that a medic can't protect himself?

@Sig Who did you protect each night and why?

Sig has now been inactive for 4 days I think. It means that there is little chance that, assuming he's mafia rn, he actually sent his actions to Cobalt without even opening GTF. On the other hand, he's been here all the time and has the most posts in the thread. What I mean is, there is a huge chance he just wouldn't be able to deliver a vote, even if he was mafia - there was a kill this night though. This leaves Sig as townfirmed imo, the scum is between the three of us.

I'm almost sure Light is town, due to a few reasons I can list later on.

Now, looking at Tyler - you have 9 posts in the whole thread. You were quite silent for a long time, more precisely the first part of the game when, surprisingly, two mafia players have been killed off. After that your posts and participation in voting/discussion suddenly increased. The night kills seem quite messy and not-thought-through if I'm being honest and I doubt Sig would put them that way.

Another possibility is that ofc, the person Light jumped for was mafia, Influp is a very new person here. The votes look more or less consistent though.

Why I think no lynch today has no sense - somebody would die and it would most likely be one of the three of us here. That would leave Sig, who assuming would still be inactive, leaves one town and one scum - game over.
Mafia could ofc kill Sig, but that would be stupid from that point of view.

That is why I'm inclined to think that actually Tyler is the last scum.
Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017



ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
Kaspar
Lochlan's cat enthusiast
 
First name: Kacper
Posts: 2604
Likes received: 695
Joined: 18th January, 2017, 5:50 pm
Location: Northern Poland almost by the sea ey
Country: Poland (pl)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier III
Progress to next tier:
6 / 14

Re: GTF Mafia XXIX - Back to Basics - Night Four

Unread postby Cobalt » 30th November, 2017, 7:30 pm

Kaspar was lynched! Kaspar was...

[Reveal] Spoiler: Role
Mafia Goon

You are a member of the mafia! You may communicate with your teammates outside of the game thread and will deliberate to kill a member of the opposing team each Night phase.





The Civilians win!
The Mafia lose!
The Survivor loses!




Players
BucketTech - Roleless Civilian (Survived)
George - Detective (Killed Night Three)
Jacketh - Enforcer (Lynched Day Two)
Kaspar - Mafia Goon (Lynched Day Five)
KoalaSmuggler - Roleless Civilian (Disqualified Day Two)
Lightbringer - Roleless Civilian (Survived)
Lochlan - Roleless Civilian (Killed Night One)
Sig - Roleless Civilian (Disqualified Day Five)
Sokol - Vigilante (Killed Night Two)
Squipel - Mafia Goon (Shot Night Two)
Tim. - Survivor (Killed Night Four)
wolbre04 - Roleless Civilian (Lynched Day Three)
Woollyhoolly - Roleless Civilian (Lynched Day Four)
User avatar
Cobalt
Momderator
 
Posts: 21656
Likes received: 298
Joined: 1st August, 2009, 12:20 am
Country: United States (us)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: GTF Mafia XXIX - Back to Basics - Night Four

Unread postby Cobalt » 30th November, 2017, 7:32 pm

Game over!

Thanks everyone for playing. I would apologize for being inconsistent with phase times and not writing flavor but nobody else gave a shit about this game or ever posted so it was kind of demotivating. :weep:

We gotta get back into the swing of things and way better than this. Next time y'all sign up for mafia please bring the activity.
User avatar
Cobalt
Momderator
 
Posts: 21656
Likes received: 298
Joined: 1st August, 2009, 12:20 am
Country: United States (us)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

PreviousNext

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Fadi, Mojeek [Bot] and 29 guests