GTF Mafia XXIX - Back to Basics - Night Four

Here you can participate in all manner of forum-wide games and contests, or even start one of your own!

Re: GTF Mafia XXIX - Back to Basics - Day Three

Unread postby Kaspar » 24th November, 2017, 12:29 pm

@Cobalt what is happening hun
Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kaspar
Lochlan's cat enthusiast

First name: Kacper
Likes received: 694

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier III
Progress to next tier:
7 / 14

Unread postby Cobalt » 24th November, 2017, 11:24 pm

Cobalt wrote:Day will end on Friday, November 24th at 11 PM EST. Happy Thanksgiving!

Pls read folks

Also I'm late lols 1 minute
Cobalt
Momderator

Likes received: 298

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Cobalt » 24th November, 2017, 11:30 pm

Woollyhoolly was lynched! Woollyhoolly was...

[Reveal] Spoiler: Role
Roleless Civilian

Your only responsibility is to post, and vote each Day phase.

It is now Night. You have ~24 hours to send me any actions you may have. Night will end tomorrow at 11 PM EST.

Players
BucketTech
George - Detective (Killed Night Three)
Jacketh - Enforcer (Lynched Day Two)
Kaspar
KoalaSmuggler - Roleless Civilian (Disqualified Day Two)
Lightbringer
Lochlan - Roleless Civilian (Killed Night One)
Sig
Sokol - Vigilante (Killed Night Two)
Squipel - Mafia Goon (Shot Night Two)
Tim.
wolbre04 - Roleless Civilian (Lynched Day Three)
Woollyhoolly - Roleless Civilian (Lynched Day Four)
Cobalt
Momderator

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: GTF Mafia XXIX - Back to Basics - Night Four

Unread postby Tim. » 25th November, 2017, 4:35 am

Ok I think we really need to give Sig a grilling.

Current standing in most likely to Mafia down.
Sig
Kaspar
Bucket tech
Lightbringer.

All are bunched pretty closely
Tim.
The Southern Ex-Moderator

Likes received: 201

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Kaspar » 25th November, 2017, 8:25 pm

Lightbringer wrote:To clarify, Sig claiming to perma protect himself seems very suspicious. Apart from the role not being able to do that, he can easily justify why the mafia don't kill him.

This

I'd love to hear from Sig though, he hasn't said anything for solid 4 days!

The same thing is with Tyler (BucketTech) - please be active in the last phase, it's crucial
House Cup 2017

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kaspar
Lochlan's cat enthusiast

:
Tier III
Progress to next tier:
7 / 14

Unread postby Cobalt » 26th November, 2017, 1:30 am

Tim. was killed! Tim. was...

[Reveal] Spoiler: Role
Survivor

You will win the game if you are alive at the end of it. Whether this means helping the civilians or the mafia is up to you!

If investigated by the detective, you will provide an Inconclusive result.

Tim. loses!

It is now Day. Day will end on Tuesday, November 28th at 11 PM EST.

Players
BucketTech
George - Detective (Killed Night Three)
Jacketh - Enforcer (Lynched Day Two)
Kaspar
KoalaSmuggler - Roleless Civilian (Disqualified Day Two)
Lightbringer
Lochlan - Roleless Civilian (Killed Night One)
Sig
Sokol - Vigilante (Killed Night Two)
Squipel - Mafia Goon (Shot Night Two)
Tim. - Survivor (Killed Night Four)
wolbre04 - Roleless Civilian (Lynched Day Three)
Woollyhoolly - Roleless Civilian (Lynched Day Four)
Cobalt
Momderator

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Cobalt » 26th November, 2017, 1:32 am

**MOD NOTE:**

It is now MYLO. An incorrect lynch will result in a loss for town. No lynch is a valid option to bring the game to LYLO at final three.
Cobalt
Momderator

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Zephyrus » 26th November, 2017, 7:30 am

I feel like I need to give my thoughts on each player.

Lightbringer - I feel like Lightbringer is town. Since being subbed in, you've been active and extremely helpful towards town. I don't think Lightbringer is mafia.

Kaspar - A slight town lean. Lots of useful posts but also a lot of uncertainty. This uncertainty makes me think you are town: you are worried about lynching someone who is town. You've also prompted quite a lot of discussion in the past, making me think you are town.

Sig - I find you the most suspicious. I find the latest post from him a bit odd, trying to make Light into Mafia because he'd just been subbed in. Especially near the end game and with one mafia, it would be quite beneficial to start accusing people and get the town to start lynching each other. He also started focusing on Tim. aswell, trying to make him look suspicious. I'm instantly suspicous of this though:
Sig wrote:Okay so what we need right now is activity, we can't scum hunt if nobody is talking.

However, having said that we're still in a good place 6 civs 1 mafia. After tonight we can assume we're at 5/1. With one lock clear civ who'll hopefully be protected again by the medic assuming they're active.
So, you claim to be the medic, and didn't protect the only townfirmed player. If you were the medic, and if the medic cannot target themself (as people keep claiming), why didn't you protect George?

At this point, in order of who I would lynch:
Sig > Kaspar > Light
I'd also quite like to hear from Sig; see what he has to say about what's been going on.
Zephyrus
Formerly "BucketTech"

First name: Tyler
Likes received: 65

:
Tier III
Progress to next tier:
6 / 14

Team: Nerd Herd

Unread postby Kaspar » 26th November, 2017, 8:03 am

Ok, I think I got this cracked up. Read on:

@Light are you SURE that a medic can't protect himself?

@Sig Who did you protect each night and why?

Sig has now been inactive for 4 days I think. It means that there is little chance that, assuming he's mafia rn, he actually sent his actions to Cobalt without even opening GTF. On the other hand, he's been here all the time and has the most posts in the thread. What I mean is, there is a huge chance he just wouldn't be able to deliver a vote, even if he was mafia - there was a kill this night though. This leaves Sig as townfirmed imo, the scum is between the three of us.

I'm almost sure Light is town, due to a few reasons I can list later on.

Now, looking at Tyler - you have 9 posts in the whole thread. You were quite silent for a long time, more precisely the first part of the game when, surprisingly, two mafia players have been killed off. After that your posts and participation in voting/discussion suddenly increased. The night kills seem quite messy and not-thought-through if I'm being honest and I doubt Sig would put them that way.

Another possibility is that ofc, the person Light jumped for was mafia, Influp is a very new person here. The votes look more or less consistent though.

Why I think no lynch today has no sense - somebody would die and it would most likely be one of the three of us here. That would leave Sig, who assuming would still be inactive, leaves one town and one scum - game over.
Mafia could ofc kill Sig, but that would be stupid from that point of view.

That is why I'm inclined to think that actually Tyler is the last scum.
House Cup 2017

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kaspar
Lochlan's cat enthusiast

:
Tier III
Progress to next tier:
7 / 14

Unread postby Zephyrus » 26th November, 2017, 8:51 am

Are you saying that Sig hasn't been on the site at all in the past four days? If that's the case, then I'd have to agree with you - there's no way that he'd be able to kill someone.

That then does leave it between us three. I'd like to hear these reasons that you're sure that Light is town.
Zephyrus
Formerly "BucketTech"

:
Tier III
Progress to next tier:
6 / 14

Unread postby Kaspar » 26th November, 2017, 9:13 am

I know using forum statistics is a bit of a dodgy way to analyse, but we don't have anything better right now.

Firstly, yes, Sig last logged on the 22nd if I recall correctly. It's important to point out that GTF and the mafia chat are not the same thing, so he could technically communicate and post his kills, even without logging in, it's a very slim chance though.

Alright, maybe I worded it badly - Im not saying Im sure Light is town, I just find it less probable. Light has been put in for Influp. Now, he (Influp) has never played mafia (at least here), so I'm assuming he's inexperienced. The messy votes would match tbh. I've been checking the activity throughout the game and, before the dq, Influp was active on the forum, and even more precisely - in here (!) That means he did not post even though he was here. This would have normally been a red check for me, but the situation after the change remained the same. I played a game with Light where the situation was more or less similar and the style of his posts and the way he behaves absolutely matches with that one (he was town then as well). This makes me think that either before and after the DQ of Influp, the mafia team stayed the same, as well as Light's behaviour seems like his standard town.
I can see for and against here and not really any factors that would secure your position, Tyler. If I'm horribly wrong, please explain.
House Cup 2017

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kaspar
Lochlan's cat enthusiast

:
Tier III
Progress to next tier:
7 / 14

Unread postby Zephyrus » 26th November, 2017, 11:48 am

My activity increased because of necessity. We needed discussion, and we needed information. Normally, like in the Jacketh lynch, I silently observe; however, when discussion is needed, I do try to contribute.

I don't want to deflect in any way, but I feel like everything has to be challenged at this point:
Kaspar wrote:I know using forum statistics is a bit of a dodgy way to analyse, but we don't have anything better right now.

Firstly, yes, Sig last logged on the 22nd if I recall correctly. It's important to point out that GTF and the mafia chat are not the same thing, so he could technically communicate and post his kills, even without logging in, it's a very slim chance though.

Alright, maybe I worded it badly - Im not saying Im sure Light is town, I just find it less probable. Light has been put in for Influp. Now, he (Influp) has never played mafia (at least here), so I'm assuming he's inexperienced. The messy votes would match tbh. I've been checking the activity throughout the game and, before the dq, Influp was active on the forum, and even more precisely - in here (!) That means he did not post even though he was here. This would have normally been a red check for me, but the situation after the change remained the same. I played a game with Light where the situation was more or less similar and the style of his posts and the way he behaves absolutely matches with that one (he was town then as well). This makes me think that either before and after the DQ of Influp, the mafia team stayed the same, as well as Light's behaviour seems like his standard town.
I can see for and against here and not really any factors that would secure your position, Tyler. If I'm horribly wrong, please explain.
You've never been mafia before, I believe, but you seem to know the capabilities of a mafia chat quite well.
Zephyrus
Formerly "BucketTech"

:
Tier III
Progress to next tier:
6 / 14

Unread postby Kaspar » 26th November, 2017, 1:54 pm

I do know how mafia chat works, but you should too, Tyler, it's clearly stated in the rules:
Cobalt wrote:Due to its current prevalence, the mafia chat for this will be run out of Discord, so if you plan to sign up, be sure to get yourself into the GTF Discord server so that I can invite you to the mafia chat once we're up and running!

Is this an argument of any sort now?
House Cup 2017

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kaspar
Lochlan's cat enthusiast

:
Tier III
Progress to next tier:
7 / 14

Unread postby Zephyrus » 26th November, 2017, 2:39 pm

Kaspar wrote:I do know how mafia chat works, but you should too, Tyler, it's clearly stated in the rules:
Cobalt wrote:Due to its current prevalence, the mafia chat for this will be run out of Discord, so if you plan to sign up, be sure to get yourself into the GTF Discord server so that I can invite you to the mafia chat once we're up and running!

Is this an argument of any sort now?
No, I don't think it is an argument anymore. :P

At this point, I'm a little concerned. You're saying that Sig and Light are both town (which I do feel inclined to agree with), but that leaves us two. I feel like we need an outside perspective on this, but, regardless, can we re-evaluate everyone's roles before we start lynching?
Zephyrus
Formerly "BucketTech"

:
Tier III
Progress to next tier:
6 / 14

Unread postby Lightbringer » 26th November, 2017, 3:12 pm

Yes. I'm indeed sure the medic can either not target himself or do it once. In the most extreme cases, he can protect himself once every other night, but I kinda doubt this is what happening.
Lightbringer

First name: Lukas
Likes received: 20

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Lightbringer » 26th November, 2017, 3:17 pm

I think we should definitely do a no lynch and decide between three people tomorrow. This also gives us one extra chance to test Sig's medic claim.

Out of three of you I'm leaning Sig > Bucket > Kaspar.
Lightbringer

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Lightbringer » 26th November, 2017, 3:21 pm

If Sig doesn't come back though, we can maybe vote someone due to fear of inactivity next day. But he should come though, right?
Lightbringer

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Kaspar » 26th November, 2017, 5:45 pm

The thing is we don't know if he comes back and it's the worse.
I agree that a no lynch will get us through that day Light, but at the same time, if Sig doesn't appear and:
A. He is indeed mafia, then we are left with two town AND a seemingly inactive mafia member. The two town wouldn't discover any more information though and we're back at square one but with less options.

B. He is not mafia, the after the night we're left with either:
1. Sig alive but inactive, one active mafia and one active player. In this case, Sig wouldn't vote so it's an instant defeat.
2. Sig killed, two active town and one active mafia. In this case it's possible to work something out. I don't think that anyone would do that though, as it's the most stupid thing you could do as a mafia player.

So all in all, we'll be left with either option A or B1 tomorrow. Which means Sig is a hidden mafia - alas we're fucked OR Sig is inactive - and we're fucked too.

I don't see a viable alternative at this moment other than HIM ACTUALLY APPEARING :v
House Cup 2017

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kaspar
Lochlan's cat enthusiast

:
Tier III
Progress to next tier:
7 / 14

Unread postby Kaspar » 26th November, 2017, 5:48 pm

Though it's true - if we vote now, it's 33% for each to be right and tomorrow it's 50%. Still it's a gamble
House Cup 2017

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kaspar
Lochlan's cat enthusiast

:
Tier III
Progress to next tier:
7 / 14

Unread postby Lightbringer » 27th November, 2017, 4:34 am

I wish Sig would get DQ'd so that we would vote between three people anyway.
Lightbringer

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

PreviousNext

Recently active