House Cup 2017: MEGA Popularite Round 2 now OPEN!

Here you can participate in all manner of forum-wide games and contests, or even start one of your own!

Re: House Cup 2017: MEGA Popularite Round 2 now OPEN!

Unread postby mattyk » 22nd July, 2017, 8:34 pm

House Cup 2017 MEGA Popularite Round 1 Wrap


Image

Team Spirited Away (320 Points)
In possibly the most dramatic achievement in the history of Popularite here at GTF, Team Spirited Away's '(almost) doghouse to the penthouse' performance this Round was truly remarkable. Any team that can take out the top three placings and practically half of the scoring positions in a round is always going to be hard to beat and that was no less true of Team Spirited Away's performance here. Congratulations to Round Champion Cui for a truly remarkable performance and to Jamie and Kamiel for rounding out Spirited Away's 'triumvirate of triumph'. Early on, it appeared Juraj and Kaspar would be jostling their team mates for a place on the victory dias but they (as did all of their team) still managed to contribute to an amazing result for their team :clap3:

Team How To Train Your Dragon: (240 Points)
Despite having the lowest participation rate of any team (albeit not by a large margin) for the second round consecutively, they were still able to claim a respectable score this round on the strength of solid contributions by Jacob, last round's joint champion, Liam, Henrique (ModernVampire) and Pity. Team HTTYD continues to defy conventional wisdom that insists that high participation equals high scores. I suppose you can do that though when your team continues to perform at the level this team is.

Team Lion King (72 Points)
Equalling their last-place finish last round, Team Lion King will surely despair at this result. Despite having the best participation of any team, they were trampled in the scramble for scoring positions on the ladder. They maintained a presence among the scoring positions courtesy of Miguel (MCarr812), Tyler (BucketTech), Jacob (Peekaboo) and LNB but they struggled a lot to make a real impression. Team Lion King have the ability to make inroads into the upper scoring echelons but time is rapidly running out...
One can pay back the loan of gold,
but one dies forever in debt to those who are kind.
- Malaysian proverb


Image ImageImage

ImageImageImage
User avatar
mattyk
House Cup Host & Judge
 
First name: Matty
Posts: 5050
Likes received: 40
Joined: 2nd October, 2009, 11:53 pm
Location: Australia
Country: Australia (au)

Re: House Cup 2017: MEGA Popularite Round 2 now OPEN!

Unread postby Kaspar » 22nd July, 2017, 8:39 pm

Great job guys, I'm proud of you all! :heart:
Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017

mattyk wrote:You are indeed all-round 100% certified awesome!



ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
Kaspar
The Kind Moderator / Lochlan's cat enthusiast
 
First name: Kacper
Posts: 1392
Likes received: 328
Joined: 18th January, 2017, 5:50 pm
Location: Northern Poland, almost by the sea ey
Country: Poland (pl)

Re: House Cup 2017: MEGA Popularite Round 2 now OPEN!

Unread postby MCarr » 22nd July, 2017, 8:40 pm

Kaspar wrote:Great job guys, I'm proud of you all! :heart:

Image
"I hate the word homophobia. It's not a phobia. You are not scared. You are an asshole"

Image
User avatar
MCarr
I won a bet with Kaspar
 
First name: Miguel
Posts: 508
Likes received: 154
Joined: 22nd April, 2017, 6:53 am
Country: Portugal (pt)

Re: House Cup 2017: MEGA Popularite Round 2 now OPEN!

Unread postby Rwinter96 » 22nd July, 2017, 8:42 pm

MCarr812 wrote:
Kaspar wrote:Great job guys, I'm proud of you all! :heart:

Image


Go back to your litter box
Rwinter96
Member
 
First name: Ryan
Posts: 149
Likes received: 25
Joined: 4th March, 2017, 11:02 am

Re: House Cup 2017: MEGA Popularite Round 2 now OPEN!

Unread postby Lochlan » 22nd July, 2017, 8:43 pm

mattyk wrote:
House Cup 2017 MEGA Popularite Round 1 Wrap


Image

Team Spirited Away (320 Points)
In possibly the most dramatic achievement in the history of Popularite here at GTF, Team Spirited Away's '(almost) doghouse to the penthouse' performance this Round was truly remarkable. Any team that can take out the top three placings and practically half of the scoring positions in a round is always going to be hard to beat and that was no less true of Team Spirited Away's performance here. Congratulations to Round Champion Cui for a truly remarkable performance and to Jamie and Kamiel for rounding out Spirited Away's 'triumvirate of triumph'. Early on, it appeared Juraj and Kaspar would be jostling their team mates for a place on the victory dias but they (as did all of their team) still managed to contribute to an amazing result for their team :clap3:

Team How To Train Your Dragon: (240 Points)
Despite having the lowest participation rate of any team (albeit not by a large margin) for the second round consecutively, they were still able to claim a respectable score this round on the strength of solid contributions by Jacob, last round's joint champion, Liam, Henrique (ModernVampire) and Pity. Team HTTYD continues to defy conventional wisdom that insists that high participation equals high scores. I suppose you can do that though when your team continues to perform at the level this team is.

Team Lion King (72 Points)
Equalling their last-place finish last round, Team Lion King will surely despair at this result. Despite having the best participation of any team, they were trampled in the scramble for scoring positions on the ladder. They maintained a presence among the scoring positions courtesy of Miguel (MCarr812), Tyler (BucketTech), Jacob (Peekaboo) and LNB but they struggled a lot to make a real impression. Team Lion King have the ability to make inroads into the upper scoring echelons but time is rapidly running out...

I tied with LNB and yet he achieved the points? This is treacherous :argh:
I'll find some real nice thing for my signature one day..
User avatar
Lochlan
Member
 
First name: Lochlan
Posts: 348
Likes received: 44
Joined: 16th March, 2015, 12:43 pm
Location: Merseyside
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: House Cup 2017: MEGA Popularite Round 2 now OPEN!

Unread postby MCarr » 22nd July, 2017, 8:45 pm

Rwinter96 wrote:
MCarr812 wrote:
Kaspar wrote:Great job guys, I'm proud of you all! :heart:

Image


Go back to your litter box

Image
"I hate the word homophobia. It's not a phobia. You are not scared. You are an asshole"

Image
User avatar
MCarr
I won a bet with Kaspar
 
First name: Miguel
Posts: 508
Likes received: 154
Joined: 22nd April, 2017, 6:53 am
Country: Portugal (pt)

Re: House Cup 2017: MEGA Popularite Round 2 now OPEN!

Unread postby JamieC » 22nd July, 2017, 8:46 pm

As I've said before, the underdogs will rise. The comeback is on.

Love ya, team! :heart:

Image
Image
User avatar
JamieC
Desperado
 
Posts: 814
Likes received: 110
Joined: 6th January, 2015, 7:26 pm

Re: House Cup 2017: MEGA Popularite Round 2 now OPEN!

Unread postby Rwinter96 » 22nd July, 2017, 8:49 pm

MCarr812 wrote:
Rwinter96 wrote:
MCarr812 wrote:
Kaspar wrote:Great job guys, I'm proud of you all! :heart:

Image


Go back to your litter box

Image


You also lost, and no amount of faux fabulous can divert from that fact
Rwinter96
Member
 
First name: Ryan
Posts: 149
Likes received: 25
Joined: 4th March, 2017, 11:02 am

Re: House Cup 2017: MEGA Popularite Round 2 now OPEN!

Unread postby Ethán » 22nd July, 2017, 8:49 pm

Y'all ain't even seen the dress up results yet :tea: wouldn't get too cocky.
Twink enthusiast
User avatar
Ethán
Is shaking
 
First name: Ethan
Posts: 3978
Likes received: 634
Joined: 4th November, 2015, 3:49 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Country: Australia (au)

Re: House Cup 2017: MEGA Popularite Round 2 now OPEN!

Unread postby MCarr » 22nd July, 2017, 8:50 pm

JamieC wrote:As I've said before, the underdogs will rise. The comeback is on.

Love ya, team! :heart:

Image

Read my signature...
"I hate the word homophobia. It's not a phobia. You are not scared. You are an asshole"

Image
User avatar
MCarr
I won a bet with Kaspar
 
First name: Miguel
Posts: 508
Likes received: 154
Joined: 22nd April, 2017, 6:53 am
Country: Portugal (pt)

Re: House Cup 2017: MEGA Popularite Round 2 now OPEN!

Unread postby Pity » 22nd July, 2017, 8:54 pm

At least we're in second place?

Image
Image
User avatar
Pity
hotty & disgraced member
 
First name: Marcus
Posts: 3013
Likes received: 475
Joined: 19th July, 2015, 11:50 pm
Location: Apex, NC
Country: United States (us)

Re: House Cup 2017: MEGA Popularite Round 2 now OPEN!

Unread postby JamieC » 22nd July, 2017, 8:55 pm

Ethán wrote:Y'all ain't even seen the dress up results yet :tea: wouldn't get too cocky.


Y'all encouraged us to have team spirit don't tear us down now :eli: :eli: :eli: :eli:
Image
User avatar
JamieC
Desperado
 
Posts: 814
Likes received: 110
Joined: 6th January, 2015, 7:26 pm

Re: House Cup 2017: MEGA Popularite Round 2 now OPEN!

Unread postby Kaspar » 22nd July, 2017, 9:00 pm

Ethán wrote:Y'all ain't even seen the dress up results yet :tea: wouldn't get too cocky.


Maybe we haven't seen them cause you guys are bad at judging
Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017

mattyk wrote:You are indeed all-round 100% certified awesome!



ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
Kaspar
The Kind Moderator / Lochlan's cat enthusiast
 
First name: Kacper
Posts: 1392
Likes received: 328
Joined: 18th January, 2017, 5:50 pm
Location: Northern Poland, almost by the sea ey
Country: Poland (pl)

Re: House Cup 2017: MEGA Popularite Round 2 now OPEN!

Unread postby Ethán » 22nd July, 2017, 9:20 pm

Kaspar wrote:
Ethán wrote:Y'all ain't even seen the dress up results yet :tea: wouldn't get too cocky.


Maybe we haven't seen them cause you guys are bad at judging

@Corrdorr @Jacketh @Tim. @Jimjam @Cobalt @KrisCross you gonna let him disrespect you like that¿
Twink enthusiast
User avatar
Ethán
Is shaking
 
First name: Ethan
Posts: 3978
Likes received: 634
Joined: 4th November, 2015, 3:49 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Country: Australia (au)

Re: House Cup 2017: MEGA Popularite Round 2 now OPEN!

Unread postby Cui » 22nd July, 2017, 10:19 pm

0-0 Wow.... 1st place?
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. - Mark Twain
Cui
New Member
 
First name: Cui
Posts: 24
Likes received: 16
Joined: 18th June, 2017, 2:46 pm
Location: Singapore
Country: Singapore (sg)

Re: House Cup 2017: MEGA Popularite Round 2 now OPEN!

Unread postby mattyk » 22nd July, 2017, 10:57 pm

Lochlan wrote:
mattyk wrote:
House Cup 2017 MEGA Popularite Round 1 Wrap


Image

Team Spirited Away (320 Points)
In possibly the most dramatic achievement in the history of Popularite here at GTF, Team Spirited Away's '(almost) doghouse to the penthouse' performance this Round was truly remarkable. Any team that can take out the top three placings and practically half of the scoring positions in a round is always going to be hard to beat and that was no less true of Team Spirited Away's performance here. Congratulations to Round Champion Cui for a truly remarkable performance and to Jamie and Kamiel for rounding out Spirited Away's 'triumvirate of triumph'. Early on, it appeared Juraj and Kaspar would be jostling their team mates for a place on the victory dias but they (as did all of their team) still managed to contribute to an amazing result for their team :clap3:

Team How To Train Your Dragon: (240 Points)
Despite having the lowest participation rate of any team (albeit not by a large margin) for the second round consecutively, they were still able to claim a respectable score this round on the strength of solid contributions by Jacob, last round's joint champion, Liam, Henrique (ModernVampire) and Pity. Team HTTYD continues to defy conventional wisdom that insists that high participation equals high scores. I suppose you can do that though when your team continues to perform at the level this team is.

Team Lion King (72 Points)
Equalling their last-place finish last round, Team Lion King will surely despair at this result. Despite having the best participation of any team, they were trampled in the scramble for scoring positions on the ladder. They maintained a presence among the scoring positions courtesy of Miguel (MCarr812), Tyler (BucketTech), Jacob (Peekaboo) and LNB but they struggled a lot to make a real impression. Team Lion King have the ability to make inroads into the upper scoring echelons but time is rapidly running out...

I tied with LNB and yet he achieved the points? This is treacherous :argh:

No, it's not treacherous, just a boo-boo on my part. Will amend it shortly. Apologies for any inconvenience :hug:
One can pay back the loan of gold,
but one dies forever in debt to those who are kind.
- Malaysian proverb


Image ImageImage

ImageImageImage
User avatar
mattyk
House Cup Host & Judge
 
First name: Matty
Posts: 5050
Likes received: 40
Joined: 2nd October, 2009, 11:53 pm
Location: Australia
Country: Australia (au)

Re: House Cup 2017: MEGA Popularite Round 2 now OPEN!

Unread postby boiii » 23rd July, 2017, 5:31 am

Great job team! Esspecially cui and jamie :thumbsup:
User avatar
boiii
oh shit waddup
 
First name: Kamiel
Posts: 1133
Likes received: 187
Joined: 27th November, 2016, 10:48 am
Country: Belgium (be)

Re: House Cup 2017: MEGA Popularite Round 2 now OPEN!

Unread postby Tim. » 23rd July, 2017, 6:38 am

mattyk wrote:Question 3: A national flag featuring (any number of) vertical stripes

United States of America (2)
TheBrunswickian
fourSox


Oh my
Image

Image
User avatar
Tim.
White Tupac
 
First name: Tim
Posts: 3209
Likes received: 125
Joined: 21st July, 2012, 10:01 pm
Location: Somewhere
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: House Cup 2017: MEGA Popularite Round 2 now OPEN!

Unread postby boiii » 23rd July, 2017, 7:22 am

mattyk wrote:Question 1: An artist whose solo career was an epic failure (after a successful career as a member of a band)
Kurt Cobain (1)
boiii


mattyk wrote:Question 2: A popular brand of television
Plasma (1)
TheBrunswickian

Reality (1)
Angel

Sci-Fi (1)
Rwinter96



mattyk wrote:Question 3: A national flag featuring (any number of) vertical stripes

United States of America (2)
TheBrunswickian
fourSox

Germany (1)
Littlenorthernboy


mattyk wrote:Question 6: A fruit commonly used in cooking (Excl. tomato)

Cucumber (2)
TheBrunswickian
Lochlan

Carrot (1)
Squipel
Image Image

ImageImage

Winner of the best friendship award together with Kaspar ^.^ and also that other one we don't talk about.
User avatar
boiii
oh shit waddup
 
First name: Kamiel
Posts: 1133
Likes received: 187
Joined: 27th November, 2016, 10:48 am
Country: Belgium (be)

Re: House Cup 2017: MEGA Popularite Round 2 now OPEN!

Unread postby Example » 23rd July, 2017, 7:56 am

I just want to say that I'm glad you guys have something that takes no effort to keep your points up with team lion kings and our real effort
Image
User avatar
Example
Moderator
 
First name: Kyler
Posts: 2673
Likes received: 411
Joined: 25th April, 2011, 10:25 pm
Location: vancouver
Country: Canada (ca)

PreviousNext

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 7 guests