House Cup 2017: Team Spirited Away

Here you can participate in all manner of forum-wide games and contests, or even start one of your own!

Re: House Cup 2017: Team Spirited Away

Unread postby Dessy » 23rd July, 2017, 10:32 pm

Ayy

ImageImage
ImageImage

Dessy
Moderator Emeriti

First name: Des
Likes received: 307

Unread postby boiii » 25th July, 2017, 4:30 am

friendly reminder to team lion king :)
We're coming for you!
Image Image

ImageImage

Winner of the best friendship award together with Kaspar ^.^ and also that other one we don't talk about.
boiii
oh shit waddup

First name: Kamiel
Likes received: 199

Team: The Far East

Unread postby Example » 25th July, 2017, 9:01 am

team lion king and httyd will be donating blankets and food to everyone down in the slums on team spirited away
we have to take care of our people even the ones at the bottom of the food chain
Example

First name: Kyler
Likes received: 435

Team: The Wild West

Unread postby boiii » 25th July, 2017, 9:22 am

I know what you're trying!
Image Image

ImageImage

Winner of the best friendship award together with Kaspar ^.^ and also that other one we don't talk about.
boiii
oh shit waddup

Unread postby MCarr » 25th July, 2017, 9:39 am

boiii wrote:Image
I know what you're trying!

You want to fight!? I'll fucking fight you!!!

"I hate the word homophobia. It's not a phobia. You are not scared. You are an asshole"

MCarr
I won a bet with Kaspar

First name: Miguel
Likes received: 160

Unread postby boiii » 25th July, 2017, 9:40 am

You just messed with the wrong ninja!
Image Image

ImageImage

boiii
oh shit waddup

Unread postby MCarr » 25th July, 2017, 9:44 am

boiii wrote:You just messed with the wrong ninja!

Sure...

"I hate the word homophobia. It's not a phobia. You are not scared. You are an asshole"

MCarr
I won a bet with Kaspar

First name: Miguel
Likes received: 160

Unread postby Example » 25th July, 2017, 9:49 am

LMAO

Example

First name: Kyler
Likes received: 435

Unread postby boiii » 27th August, 2017, 9:13 am

Well guys, the last challenge is done. We did it :D

Image Image

For me it was fun from start to finish. I got placed into a team dedicated to one of my favourite movies along with some awesome people I knew, but during the house cup I met even more in our team chat on discord. You guys put the team spirit in team spirited away :P

My summer was gonna be very boring, but the challenges, the chats and the trash talk made time fly by. I'm almost sad that it's over, almost ;).

I'm very proud of you guys! despite getting lots of new members during the competition you guys made them fit in.

Maybe we won't win and maybe we'll even finish last, but the house cup is about more than just winning. Friendships were forged in our chats and beautyful things were done by our team.

:keke: Here are some of my favourite moments :keke:

[Reveal] Spoiler:
:eli:

Kaspar wrote:

Vortex wrote:Please don't hate this too much

The Woman in the Woods

I’ve been having weird dreams lately…

The sky was of the deepest black, with a cold moon contrasting against the ardent air of the summer night. Suddenly the sky was permeated by a fog so thick you could cut it with a knife. The will-o’-the-wisps danced through the air, beckoning him. “This way,” they whispered in a mischievous, childish voice. A primitive instinct in his mind screamed not to follow them, yet he found himself unable to resist as if something was dragging his soul towards them.

The fog was swept away around the stump of a dying tree. In the distance, a cloaked shadowy figure stood in the fog. He felt their eyes piercing his soul. Emerging from the fog, the shadowy figure extended the slender, delicate arm of a weathered old woman and gently placed a note upon the stump with the utmost care. Trying to touch it, he reached out, only to be dragged away at the blink of an eye.

Adrian Glover was ripped from his dreamscape in a cold sweat. The woods, the shadowy figure, they were so familiar. As if a distant moment frozen in time, he could see them in the back of his mind, blurry and faded.

As the morning sun broke and dispelled the night, Adrian began his drive towards his sister Erica’s new house in the countryside, with her husband and their new child, Cora. Their relationship had always been very close, as it’d always been him, his sister, and their mother. Adrian had no memories of his father.

On the drive, memories of a cloaked figure in the woods began to resurface, hazily, as if staring at the sun from underwater. A particular moment shone above the others. They had been driving through the countryside during autumn, and he saw the figure standing in the distance. Tell of it never passed his lips, and with time, it was lost in the sea of memory.

Upon arriving at the house, dread filled him. “I’ve been here before,” a silent voice inside him whispered. “I have. I know I have.” He elected to ignore the persistent voice for now, and put it out of his memory as his sister walked towards the car.

“Hey! How was the drive?” Her glacial eyes looked tired and worn, and her once vibrant flaxen hair now lay flat and dead. Motherhood was not suiting her. “It was good,” he replied shortly. “So how’ve you been? Seeing any boys lately?” Her sullen eyes were alight with a long forgotten joy as she caught up with Adrian. “Oh my god stop!” he said, blushing.

She chuckled, knowing how much he hated to talk about. “Come on, you’re 18, you’ve never dated anyone, what’s up with that?” She asked mischievously. He stuttered, “I-I don’t know, haha.” His forced laughter proceeded to fill the air with an awkward silence. “Anyhow,” Erica said after some time, “your room is upstairs. First on the left, next to the nursery.”

One autumn day a week later when the leaves were crisp and red, falling gently to the dying earth, Adrian felt compelled to walk through the woods around the house, as if a voice was calling him. Upon the floor lay the trees of a forgotten time. A cool air gently blew through the air, softly dancing with the leaves. While around the house, the songs of birds preparing for a southern migration filled the air. In the woods, nothing but the sounds of the frosty autumn wind.

I’ve been here before, his mind whispered cautiously. Somehow, the path through the woods unfolded into his subconscious.

Coming upon a clearing, he felt his nightmares come to life. In the center lay the stump of a long dead ancient tree, upon which a withered note lay. Try as he might to stay calm, his hands trembled and tremored as he slowly reached for the note. Mustering all his courage to unfold it, his heart sank into his stomach as he read its words.

We’re coming.

In the distance a scream from his sister that chilled his blood was heard. With agony seeping into his skin, the thunderous sound tore through him like a shard of glass as the blood drained from his face.

Running through the woods, faster than ever before, dodging the once great trees now left in ruin as they decomposed against the ground, he came back to the house out of breath and panicking. “Erica?! Are you okay?! Is Cora okay?!”

Staring against the wall as if she’d seen a ghost, one would think her dead if it were not for her open eyes, staring at nothing. Her breath was soft and gentle, and her limbs lifeless and stiff. After a long silence, she finally spoke. “She’s gone, Adrian. She’s gone. Someone took her. She’s gone.”

His soul screamed at him what he must do. “Stay here,” he said, finding a bravery he had never known before. The fair, distant sounds of a crying infant pierced the air. The clearing, he thought. I have to go back.

Grabbing a knife, he ran through the woods, as the sun began to descend for its nightly slumber. Darkness began to fall upon the world, in an incredibly dark night with nothing a but the moon shining upon it. Finally, panting, he arrived. The woman stood there, holding the baby, behind her, three figures of different heights stood in a line, drenched in shadow.

Screaming, he ran towards her. Taking out the knife from inside his jacket, he stabs the woman in her left eye. Blood gushed like a dam breaking as she screamed in agony. Catching her as she fell, he ran.

As the world began to get fuzzy, he finally got back to the house. Walking upstairs, he placed Cora gently in her crib, only to see nothing but a pile of leaves inside the blanket.

No, no. Please no. This can’t be happening.

Going outside, he saw the woman standing there again, hood down revealing a haggard face with skin white as the moon, and hair like the purest white silk. Her left eye was white and milky. The figures cloaked in shadow stepped into the moonlight, with the tallest going first.

“Wh-who are you?” he asked. But he already knew the answer.
“Dad? Is that you?” he trembled. “Yes. We’re all here, Adrian.” Suddenly his childhood best friend Josh walked out, aside his first boyfriend Alex. Their faces were drenched in sorrow, unable to do more than hang their heads in silent suffering.

Tears cascading from his eyes, he cried “you did this, you took them all. You took my dad. You. Fucking… You fucking bitch.” Pain filled his voice like a knife to the heart as he struggled with each word.

“Yes,” she uttered with an ancient and strong voice. “And I always will. Forever.” A chill of the coldest winter followed her words. Screaming sobs were punctuated by the only words he could muster, “Why? Why are you doing this?”

The woman said nothing for what seemed like an eternity. Finally the silence broke like a wave against the cliffs as she whispered “Have a good night, child.”

Adrian staggered backwards, his mind spinning like a record set on high. His breaths became shallow and coarse. The world was draped in an inescapable darkness, and he fell like a puppet released of its strings.

On a bright sunny autumn morning, Adrian Glover awoke in his bed to the gentle song of autumn birds. Leaving his room, he walked into the adjacent one to see his sister painting the room the color of the ocean.

He walked up to her and said in a snarky and teasing voice, “So, y’all getting ready to have a baby?” She stared a thousand daggers into his eyes, saying almost under her breath, “No, Adrian. I know how mom feels, but I don’t want to have any kids.”

JamieC wrote:

c70 wrote:Here we go:

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Image Image

ImageImage

boiii
oh shit waddup

Previous

Recently active