GTF House Cup 2015 Overview

Here you can participate in all manner of forum-wide games and contests, or even start one of your own!

GTF House Cup 2015 Overview

Unread postby Jacketh » 3rd April, 2015, 9:01 pm

HOUSE CUP 2015

ImageImageImageImage

#8080BF #008000 #FF0000 #0000FF

What is the House Cup? How does it work?

This is the third edition of the House Cup on GTF, after two previously successful years. There will be four teams based on a theme, the current theme being Avatar: The Last Airbender and the four nations: Water Tribe, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation and Air Nomads. Forum members will be aligned to a particular team and can win points for their team in three different ways as detailed below. You can find the current standings here and see the membership of each team by clicking on the badges. In addition, each team also has their own thread which details their membership, which you can visit by clicking the badges above on this page.

The Challenges, Popularité and Forum Contribution

The Challenges

Challenge #1: Creative Writing - 25th June - Winners:
Challenge #2: Dress Up - 2nd July - Winners:
Challenge #3: Political Debate - 9th July - Winners:
Challenge #4: Photography - 16th July - Winners:

There will be one challenge a week. The first two challenges have already been announced and all challenges will be announced in advance so Team Captains and Vice Captains can try and ensure they have participation from their teams. I expect around 1/4 of participants to score points. Challenges will typically start on a Friday and end on the following Thursday. The challenges will include things like Lip Syncs, Writing, Poetry and Debating. Unlike previous House Cups, the emphasis on this House Cup is the challenges, so more points will be available here.

Popularité

Current standings: N/A

Popularité Round 1 - 22nd June

For those who do not know what Popularité is, you can see the previous seasons thread here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=67663 - It is a very simple game that takes a few minutes a week. You will be given a list of 10 questions, one for example could be 'Name a Leonardo Di Caprio film' and you will guess what the most popular answer will be, considering what other members will answer. A sensible answer, for example, might be 'Wolf of Wall Street' or 'Titanic'. If 17 members answered Titanic, they would receive 17 points. If 5 members answered Wolf of Wall Street, they will receive 5 points. Obviously, you cannot discuss with others and cheating is very easy to spot, in that the chances you have the same answers as someone else is extremely unlikely; even if you do put popular answers. Popularité will be something your Captains expect you to play, particularly if you are not involving yourself in the challenges. It isn't time consuming and is something everyone is capable of. With that said, they cannot force you and kindly tell them to stop bugging you if you decide not to play. Rounds will typically start on a Monday and last a week.

Forum Contribution

In previous House Cups, forum contribution was the main source of points. This will be not be the case this year. You will, however, be able to pick up points if you give sound advice, make threads and whatnot. You can also lose points if you pick up warnings. Negative points will only be in the case of actual rule-breaks and I don't expect many to be picking them up.

Jacketh
Admin

First name: Jack
Likes received: 612

Re: GTF House Cup 2015 *Ideas and Discussion thread*

Unread postby Will » 3rd April, 2015, 9:08 pm

I can feel the nostalgia oozing from every orifice.
Will
"It cannot be fixed now."

Unread postby Dessy » 3rd April, 2015, 9:15 pm

Seem like a good idea to vote in leaders through nomination to me.
How will each members be allocated?
ImageImage
ImageImage

Dessy
Moderator Emeriti

First name: Des
Likes received: 307

Unread postby Jacketh » 3rd April, 2015, 9:16 pm

JudgeDes wrote:Seem like a good idea to vote in leaders through nomination to me.
How will each members be allocated?

Last time they were done randomly. I imagine that'll be the case this time.
Jacketh
Admin

Unread postby Cobalt » 3rd April, 2015, 9:20 pm

Music Video, Poetry, Writing, Debate, and Short Story prompt challenges are so mine. :eli:
Cobalt
Mafia Mom

Likes received: 122

Team: The Far East

Unread postby Sturgis » 3rd April, 2015, 9:22 pm

I will so win Homovision
Sturgis
Address me as: Jimmy Neutron or JAKEPOP

Likes received: 34

Team: The Wild West

Unread postby Zeus » 3rd April, 2015, 9:22 pm

Let's the people decide the leaders and junior leaders.. It would be interesting!
House Cup - 2015 #TeamAirNomads

House Cup - 2016 #TeamHogwarts
Zeus
Member/God

First name: Raph
Likes received: 4

Unread postby Jacketh » 3rd April, 2015, 9:38 pm

Zeus wrote:Let's the people decide the leaders and junior leaders.. It would be interesting!

Seems that is the best way.

In response to your PM, I'd like to see the judges be judging consistently throughout. I would like to see most members contributing to the challenges and their teams and not have judging roles. The judging is the only thing I'm trying to overcome atm.
Jacketh
Admin

Unread postby Canadianborn » 3rd April, 2015, 9:53 pm

Will wrote:I can feel the nostalgia oozing from every orifice.

:unf:
Canadianborn

Unread postby Dessy » 3rd April, 2015, 9:54 pm

I have a challenge idea that might be interesting. Basically a rap battle on the forum.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Dessy
Moderator Emeriti

Unread postby Cobalt » 3rd April, 2015, 9:54 pm

- Public nomination for captaincy, team leaders/junior leaders, voting to decide.

- Selected panel of three judges from each team, the most objective and most likely to be fair, as picked by both the admins and their team leaders. That panel of twelve will be responsible for judging / awarding points, can only judge their own team when it's an individual contest, and may still participate in challenges and be excluded from the judging of their own entry.
Cobalt
Mafia Mom

Unread postby Cobalt » 3rd April, 2015, 9:55 pm

JudgeDes wrote:I have a challenge idea that might be interesting. Basically a rap battle on the forum.

PITCHFORK POINT BETTA PASS ME A JOINT IMMA TWIST THIS BEAT IMMA SPRAIN MY JOINT STRAIGHT CRACK ROCK GO TO THE POP POP
Cobalt
Mafia Mom

Unread postby Dessy » 3rd April, 2015, 9:59 pm

Cobalt wrote:
JudgeDes wrote:I have a challenge idea that might be interesting. Basically a rap battle on the forum.

PITCHFORK POINT BETTA PASS ME A JOINT IMMA TWIST THIS BEAT IMMA SPRAIN MY JOINT STRAIGHT CRACK ROCK GO TO THE POP POP

This fool tryna do some random crap
Time for me to bust a cap
I ain't got no time for this nor direction so let me find a map
So let me just rap, rap, rap

:blargh:
ImageImage
ImageImage

Dessy
Moderator Emeriti

Unread postby Zeus » 3rd April, 2015, 10:02 pm

Dance Battle!!!!

Zeus
Member/God

Unread postby Jacketh » 3rd April, 2015, 10:07 pm

I likey. Elaborate.

I'll have a think about the judging. I'm quite keen at the moment for team members to not have no influence. I would also like to see established members actually get involved rather than judge, but we'll see. I quite like the idea though. It could work.

If you have any ideas on potential challenges, try to explain them rather than just state the idea.

Any ideas on themes would be good, as well ^_^
Jacketh
Admin

Unread postby Dessy » 3rd April, 2015, 10:12 pm

Jacketh wrote:

I likey. Elaborate.

It would be what me and Cobalt just did but obviously with more sophistication :skull:

Basically a group of member sign up for the thread and could perhaps be given a day or 2 to rap about anything really. You can post multiple times but not in succession. Winner should be chosen based on the creativity of their rap.

So similar judging as to the lip sync, poetry, writing, etc.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Dessy
Moderator Emeriti

Unread postby Zeus » 3rd April, 2015, 10:17 pm

Well, since we are doing sync, poetry, writing, film, rap battle... Why not dancing battle? The member pick for that round needs to create a choreography and recorded it... the best of them, get the points! Btw it could be the same song for the choreography for easily judging and the most creative one, fun, interesting one get the max points.

Btw it could be good if the judges don't know the results of each other until everything is decide.
I mean, if one judges gives 10 points, the other one doesn't need to know it until the end, so they dont' have favourite team, you know what I mean posibility just give their opinion/comment/reaction of the challenge and give the points throught private to Jacketh. So he can reveal them!

Zeus
Member/God

Unread postby Stark » 3rd April, 2015, 10:28 pm

Excellent idea. I'd suggest a late-ish start to the Cup as many people (including myself) with have final exams in May/June.

I like Cobalt's system of judging, it seems the fairest way to do it without getting impartial judges - which could be possible, should we resurrect some oldies. Simon? Will? The admins? There are many possibilities.

If you need any help in the admin or design of the Cup, Jack, I'm available and willing.
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Stark
Yekaterina Petrovna Zamolodchikova

First name: Joe
Likes received: 159

Unread postby Jacketh » 3rd April, 2015, 10:33 pm

Like I said, I don't want to try and put down every idea. Cobalt's idea could potentially work. My issue with is the following though.

Imagine the situation whereby in the final round, teams are very close for 1st and 2nd. Or even 3rd and 4th. Imagine it was Ravenclaw, Slytherin and Gryffindor fighting it out for 2nd as was the case in Popularité. I potentially cannot see the three captains from one team suggesting the members representing rival teams win. Even if they were truly genuine as to who they thought was the best in a particular competition, I imagine accusations would still happen. That system could potentially work at the start, but it would be the latter stages I'd be seriously worried about.

We'll see.

Again, keep the ideas coming and whatnot. I'd like to see this start sometime late June, perhaps.
Jacketh
Admin

Unread postby Roman » 3rd April, 2015, 10:53 pm

Season 1 overall points leader right here. :gaycat:

(I can't remember if I was actually #1, but I know I was close.)

I nominate myself as an impartial judge if you do decide to have them.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Roman
House Cup Judge

Next

Recently active