Is Islam a pest to humanity?

A forum for respectful discussion & exchange of views on news, current affairs & thought-provoking topics; please read and be aware of the guidelines prior to posting.

Forum rules

Welcome to the News, Current Affairs & Debate subforum.

This forum is the place for intellectual discussions relating to news, current affairs, or philosophical & scientific debates. There are some guidelines that apply specifically to posts in this forum, of which you will be expected to have made yourself aware before participating. They are as follows:

• Intellectually stimulating topics only. If you can't have a deep discussion about something, it does not belong here.
  • If you're going to post, have something to say. When you make a new thread, write the initial post in a way that provides an introduction to the topic and invites further discussion. You could tell us how you feel and why, but always aim for constructive responses that further a discussion about the ideas involved, rather than a simple list of people's views. (Instead of asking "Are you a vegetarian?", discuss some of the arguments involved.) This guideline likewise applies for responses to topics.
  • Write using good English. That means full sentences with proper capitalisation, punctuation, spelling and grammar. No one is perfect, though; this is not an invitation to criticise others for minor mistakes.
  • Be nice. This is a forum for rational discourse, not flame wars. No one is always right. Be respectful of other people's views and accept that we are all entitled to our own.

These guidelines will be enforced by the moderators based on their best judgement, and anyone who does not take them seriously will lose the privilege of posting here. Spammers will be banned from the entire forum.

Is Islam a pest to humanity?

Unread postby Woollyhoolly » 30th May, 2018, 6:50 am

Yet another Islamic terrorist attack in Belgium. Interesting how these solely seem to happen in French-speaking and France. Does anyone know why these attacks keep taking place here?

Anyway, is Islam a threat to Europe, and the world? :jihad:

Do all Muslims believe in a religion of hate? Should Islam be banned?

I myself do not believe in the slightest that Muslims are a burden on our society, let that be clear from the start :hmm:
Made you look

Trudeau's my daddy
Woollyhoolly
Classy

First name: Tim
Likes received: 158

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
5 / 7

Re: Is Islam a pest to humanity?

Unread postby Zephyrus » 30th May, 2018, 8:16 am

Most religions are generally about love, peace, and compassion; but sometimes people misconstrue the teachings of their religion and do bad things - this sort of zealotry is seen in other religions too, though. Judging a whole religion, and banning it or giving its followers hate, based on the actions of these few, is wrong. Personally, I don't really like the idea of religion, but banning a religion seems counter-productive and would only exacerbate issues. Only through respect, understanding, and dialogue can these issues be fixed; loading on more prejudice and discrimination will only isolate people more, making it more likely for them to be radicalised.
Zephyrus
Formerly "BucketTech"

First name: Tyler
Likes received: 83

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier III
Progress to next tier:
2 / 14

Team: Nerd Herd

Unread postby Gavin » 30th May, 2018, 8:30 am

Woollyhoolly wrote:

Yet another Islamic terrorist attack in Belgium. Interesting how these solely seem to happen in French-speaking and France. Does anyone know why these attacks keep taking place here?

Anyway, is Islam a threat to Europe, and the world? :jihad:

Do all Muslims believe in a religion of hate? Should Islam be banned?

I myself do not believe in the slightest that Muslims are a burden on our society, let that be clear from the start :hmm:

Damn whats up with you and serious topics lately?
All i need, is the love you breathe
put your lips on me,
and i can live underwater ~Mika

ImageImage
Gavin
Kevin but shittier

First name: Gavin
Likes received: 197

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
2 / 7

Team: Cheer Team

Unread postby Lochlan » 30th May, 2018, 10:01 am

Yeah, I'm of a similar opinion to Tyler. Of course not all Islamic people are detrimental to society, that's a dumb thing to believe. I personally don't agree with parts of their religion i.e the way Halal meat is produced, but I don't hate Islamic people.

Islam ain't a threat to Europe. Same way Christianity isn't a threat to America despite the acts of terror commited there by people of that faith.
Nerd Herd Team Captain
Click Icon For Nerd Herd Points Breakdown

Lochlan
BOT Hunter

First name: Lochlan
Likes received: 292

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
4 / 7

Unread postby CRUSTY SEA MILF » 30th May, 2018, 10:10 am

I was expecting this to be a bumped Pity thread
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
CRUSTY SEA MILF wrote:You the right boob to my left, the peanut butter to my jelly, the Donald to my Melania, the Trisha Paytas to my 5 pounds of salami
CRUSTY SEA MILF
Egregious Infundibular

First name: Brennan/wolbre4
Likes received: 422

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
4 / 7

Unread postby Dua Lipa » 30th May, 2018, 11:36 am

Sad to see another attack. As for your question(s) I'd recommend merging this with one of the existing threads in I.D as you'll find a lot of us have laid down our detailed opinions on Islam, terrorism etc already. There is the Islamic Thread, Why are so many gays pro-Islam? and Should refugees be accepted? which despite the title heavily focuses on Islam.
Twink enthusiast

ImageImage

ImageImage
Dua Lipa
Actually Heterosexual

First name: Ethan
Likes received: 835

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby Dolly » 30th May, 2018, 2:46 pm

Yes.

Dolly
hotty & country singer

Likes received: 851

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby Dolly » 30th May, 2018, 2:56 pm

truth hurts sweaties x
Dolly
hotty & country singer

Likes received: 851

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby BlueBear4044 » 30th May, 2018, 11:45 pm

I mean I would say so. Not the people of the religion although there are a couple bad apples, but the religion as a whole I would not support. It is very oppressive torwards women and gay people. I just don’t support. And with the wide belief in genocide to get into heaven I’d say that’s pretty toxic. I’d say if not completely wiped out this religion needs major reform.
BlueBear4044

First name: Luke
Likes received: 1

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 31st May, 2018, 6:04 am

oh jesus temi you actually went with that title?
House Cup 2016 - Team Westeros
House Cup 2017 - Team Lion King
Year Cup 2017/18 - The Far East

Shittiest Member 2018 - Amadeus

TheBrunswickian
Lazarus

First name: Jesse
Likes received: 597

:
Tier IV
Progress to next tier:
15 / 28

Unread postby Hierax » 31st May, 2018, 2:47 pm

I would say yes, even though my parents are Islamic.
There's not a problem with the Islamic people, but with the religion.

But that is my opinion, of course.
ImageImage
Hierax
Flazéda

Likes received: 379

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
5 / 7

Team: Cheer Team

Unread postby Flower » 24th June, 2018, 11:12 pm

I’m kindly asking to all of the users above; please raise your hand if you ever lived in an İslamic [yes, capital i] country. :thumbsup:
If you do, I don’t think that any of you had mandatory religion lessons about İslam, Fıkıh, Hadis, Siyer and Nüzul. Its not entirely mandatory but its a huge advantage on the Ygs / Lys [Turkish Sat] so most people take it, rather than being disadvantaged. I’m not bragging about this, I wish I lived in more enlightened times.

I am antitheist [which means misotheist, because its original meaning is lost] but I can easily say that most of the arguments against İslam are based on the “straw man argument”; which is biased. Let me explain;

Step 1) Create a straw man.
Example: El Kaide, Daeş, Boko Haram.

Step 2) Demonize it in every way possible. [This is not required for the likes of Daeş, since they burn people alive]

Step 3) Equalise the group to the straw man.
Example: The reason of Daeş is İslam. [Which is basically Daeş = İslam]

This is something that comes out of ignorance and lack of knowledge about both in İslam and religions. [Otherwise why would someone use a straw man argument?]

Now I’m quoting Yuval Harari; “Religions are imagined entities, just like Peugeot”. [1]

If I sold my share, would that make Peugeot “vanish?”
If every Peugeot factory burned to the ground, would that make Peugeot “vanish?”
If every staff of Peugeot died, would that made Peugeot “vanish?”

The answer is no. NO. They can always resell the shares, build new factories and hire new people. Becuase as a brand, Peugeot is not real. It cannot “die”, age, love etc. The only way to “kill” Peugeot is to make people stop believing in them. This is also how religion works. As Harari said “You can’t take a banana from a monkey by offering him unlimited banana when it dies”. [2]

If we look to Siyer-i Nebî, life of the Prophet, we can see that the Muslims endured much pain under Kureyş tribe. Like tearing a muslim slave apart [just because he refused to convert back] by four horses [and they did it in front of his parents] or using molten iron ingots to torture muslims.

They even attacked the prophet. After that incident, Hamza; the non-muslim nephew of the Prophet became blinded with rage and threatened to kill every one of them if they touched him again. He was powerful, like his family. So the Arabic tribes united against sons of Abdulmuttalib, because killing the prophet would anger one of the most powerful tribes of Mekke, so every tribe sent one of their men to assasinate the prophet in his sleep. They thought that if you can’t find the killer, you can’t start a vendetta.

According to religious history, he knew about this. He gave his house to Ali, his uncle’s son. Then in the midnight, he read this verse from Kuran and walked away. None of the attackers saw him.

Ve cealna mim beyni eydihim seddev ve min halfihim sedden fe ağşeynahüm fehüm la yübsırun.

I’m not really good at tefsir or arabic so I can simply translate it as; “we put a wall behind and front of them, they can’t see even though they look”.

Then they throw stones to him at Taif. According to Hadis, Gabriel came unto him and said; “I shall hurl that two mountains to Taif, if you wish” and he says that he only wants them to see the truth. This part is myth; but the fact is, Taif becomes Muslim entirely on its own a couple years after.

This goes forever. So I’m going to list some examples of Prophet’s mercy;

1) Medinetün Nebî; which you know as Medina was Yesrib back then. After the city became Muslim, they called it Medinetün Nebî; “City of the Prophet”. [Fun Fact: Medine means city, medeni [means civilised in modern times] means a man who lives in cities. Medeniyet (Turkish) Medeniyyed (Arabic) today means civilisation, back then it meant living in a city] So, Yesrib was a city with a lot of Jews. Especially Beni Kurayza tribe was very influential. Instead of driving them out or forcing them to convert; Prophet signed a treaty with them. That treaty said “Muslim or not, any attack from outside Medine will be treated as an attack to both sides and both sides will defend each other.”

But the Jews do what they always do; they conspire against Muslims with Mekke; and betray them in the war. Muslims win the war and let them go. Yes, they let them go. [But obviously they exile them from the city, which is not a harsh punishment for what they did.]

2) After the war of Bedir, they release poor prisoner of wars, as they can’t even pay their own ransom.

3) After the Conquest of Mekke, he forgives more than 10+ thousand people who tried to kill him for years.

4) Event though the harsh terms [made only to blame Muslims as warmongers when they refuse] he accepted the peace and returned Medina. As a dramatic result, they begged to cancel the treaty and make a fairer one.

5) He sees a Jewish man, dead, waiting to have a funeral. No one attends because he is not Muslim. He then says “Aren’t you ashamed? Isn’t he a human?”. He gives a proper funeral to that man, even though he believed in an other god.

This list also goes on. Its 5am here so I’m coming to conclusion.

After the Prophet and the Four Caliphs; Muaviye founds the Moor Caliphate. He was a racist man, believing that only the Arabs were pure muslims and the others were mevali, meaning slave. Non-arabs became second class citizens. That caused İslam to be hated by its neighbors. Jewish Turks [Saka Turks, who lived in todays Georgia / Armenia / Dagestan] pushed back İslamic advance. After the Abbasid Caliphate, İslam rapidly spread to new regions, only to be stopped at Puvatya [Poitiers].

Then İslam = Turks. Iranian Seljuks, Anatolian Seljuks, Turkish Beyliks and finally the Ottoman Empire.

It is a fact that Ottoman Empire was secular even though it was a theocracy. We can see that the after 200 years of colonialism, Africa is Christian. But after 500 years of subjugation; Greece / Armenia / Georgia / Bulgaria / Serbia / Macedonia are still Orthodox; Croatia / Romania are still Catholic, even Azerbaijan Turks are Shiite. And none of them speaks Turkish.

The Ottoman Empire’s real name is “Devlet-i Ebed Müddet”, “Eternal State”. Ottomans never wanted to assimilate or convert people because they saw them as “millet” (the people who is the keystone of vatan, the country)

Cizye, which is a non-muslim tax; was the only thing diffrentiating a muslim and a non muslim. Cizye tax was not an inequality because the non-muslims were exempt from military. So they paid extra tax to balance that.

[As a fun fact: Despite their claims, Ottoman Empire spent more on Balkans than Anatolia. This fueled the hatred against the Emperor when the Turkish people fought for its independence, leading to a republic.]

But in the 18. Century, Ottoman Empire became oppressive. No, not against non-muslims but against muslims. After the rise of Sheiks, muslims became oppressed by the state while the non-muslims were ignored. For example fanatics razed Takiyüddin’s observatory because “they looked to the private parts of angels”.

WHAT!
Like WTF?

But the nigthmare were just starting. The fanatic dervishes stopped İbrahim Müteferrika, the man who brought Printed Press to Ottoman Empire with the charge of heresy. Ottoman Empire controlled 80% of the Muslims that day. That meant illiteracy and lack of culture. It was like a reversed dark age.

After the Ottomans’ decline, Arabs became independent. But without a central government they were just petty warring tribes. [Britain did this instead of OE]

Englishmen always knew that an ignorant people is easier to rule. So, they let them be ignorant. But they draw borders with a ruler. It was easy because there were no organised group. They also made sure that the fundementalists won. When the Iraq-Turkey border was drawn; Mosul and Kirkuk was Turkish cities with overwhelming Turkish majority. Britain gave weapons to Fundementalist Kurds, so that they rise up against the Republic. Turkey agreed to let Mosul go, after the rebellion drained Turkey’s power.

But its not about the terrorists or western influence or ignorance or İslam is evil or anything.

Every religion is the same. They are, like species, subject to evolution. If they are unsuccesful, they don’t live to see the next generation. Like the old pantheons. So every religion has two ways to continue its existance;

1) To breed rapidly than others, thus outnumbering them.
2) Any kind of converting, forcibly if necessary.

This is a core behaviour, from Mormons to Bahais, from Sikh’s to Shinto.

Freedom of Religion is an illusion. Its an illusion that the people use it to indoctrinate you from your early age or scam you when you’re older.

İslam gives you 40 virgins when you die as a martyr. When you look at it; its not different from Scientology or Christianity or Mormonism. They all offer you something. Can you see a difference between a suicide bomber and a deus lo vult pope?

We need to eradicate all religion; as we’re evolved past this stage of our evolution. We don’t need fairytales or myths to explain what we don’t know.

I also repeat; no one borns with a religion. They just indoctrinate you into it. They start doing that with bapthism and so on. You think that you believe this and its your free will but you cannot realise that you echo the words of the church or whatever you believe.

I am not an antitheist because İslam is evil. I am antitheist because religion is evil.

PS: I don’t like Western Virtue Signalling, because not even 200 years ago, “Liberty Enlightening the World” enslaved 10+ million people by saying that they were descended from Ham, thus they were slaves. And even had a civil war over it. Or Belgians cut a 9 year olds hands and legs because he was collecting timber slowly and sent it to his father. They also said the Congoese were savages and they brought civilisation. You can say that it was 200 years ago, times have changed etc etc. I just want to point that no religion is “pure” or “good”. The only thing this thread does is to fuel the hatred against the muslims. Whom mostly innocent, at least when they are not majority.
A star is a star, it doesn’t matter where in the sky I shine.
Flower

Likes received: 10

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
5 / 7

Unread postby Lochlan » 25th June, 2018, 6:39 am

There's literally not enough time left in my life time to read that and understand it. I'll pass.
Nerd Herd Team Captain

Lochlan
BOT Hunter

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
4 / 7

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 25th June, 2018, 7:59 am

I love how people post these really fucking long posts arguing something that NO ONE is going to read.

and yes I am shading myself here, because I once schooled our old neo-Nazi pal on Hamas and Hezbollah
House Cup 2016 - Team Westeros
House Cup 2017 - Team Lion King
Year Cup 2017/18 - The Far East

Shittiest Member 2018 - Amadeus

TheBrunswickian
Lazarus

First name: Jesse
Likes received: 597

:
Tier IV
Progress to next tier:
15 / 28

Unread postby devedani » 28th June, 2018, 1:47 pm

I agree with most in this thread. I think they're slightly demonising Islam as a whole. Yes, ISIS. Yes, Terrorist attacks. But, there's no reason to judge a whole peace-based religion because of a few bad groups. Islamic people moving into places like the UK are getting shunned out by everyone, i've witnessed it in my school. It's hard to change the opinions of a lot of people, but god, we can try.
ig: ffsdani sc: bit.ly/vensnap vsco: https://vsco.co/venfae/images/1
devedani

First name: Dani
Likes received: 2

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
3 / 7

Unread postby swedeam » 6th July, 2018, 10:16 am

yes. yes it is.
islam is not a religon of peace, it is a religon of oppresion & :jihad: :jihad: , and anyone who thinks it is has no idea what the relion's doctorine staites.

that or thave been paying way too much attention to linda sarsour
Criminaly insane.
swedeam

First name: eli

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Flower » 7th July, 2018, 2:03 pm

swedeam wrote:yes. yes it is.
islam is not a religon of peace, it is a religon of oppresion & :jihad: :jihad: , and anyone who thinks it is has no idea what the relion's doctorine staites.

that or thave been paying way too much attention to linda sarsour

I R O N I C.

That you support a religion that says “Jews are God’s chosen people” over a religion that says “all men are created equal and the black have privilege upon white nor the opposite”, something that England accepted 1200+ years after and Usa fought a civil war about.

You’re so ignorant that you’ve made an antitheist protect İslam. Congratulations.

In 2012, during the presidency of Barack Obama, the White House recognized Sarsour as a "champion of change".[4][7] After President Donald Trump took office, the White House removed the mention of Sarsour from its website.
Flower

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
5 / 7

Unread postby Lochlan » 8th July, 2018, 5:43 am

I still literally don't understand a word that comes out of Flower's mouth, like, I feel like I gain temporary dyslexia trying to read their posts it's just impossible.
Nerd Herd Team Captain

Lochlan
BOT Hunter

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
4 / 7

Unread postby Flower » 8th July, 2018, 9:43 am

Mood.
Flower

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
5 / 7

Recently active