Heroism in Paris

A forum for respectful discussion & exchange of views on news, current affairs & thought-provoking topics; please read and be aware of the guidelines prior to posting.

Forum rules

Welcome to the News, Current Affairs & Debate subforum.

This forum is the place for intellectual discussions relating to news, current affairs, or philosophical & scientific debates. There are some guidelines that apply specifically to posts in this forum, of which you will be expected to have made yourself aware before participating. They are as follows:

• Intellectually stimulating topics only. If you can't have a deep discussion about something, it does not belong here.
  • If you're going to post, have something to say. When you make a new thread, write the initial post in a way that provides an introduction to the topic and invites further discussion. You could tell us how you feel and why, but always aim for constructive responses that further a discussion about the ideas involved, rather than a simple list of people's views. (Instead of asking "Are you a vegetarian?", discuss some of the arguments involved.) This guideline likewise applies for responses to topics.
  • Write using good English. That means full sentences with proper capitalisation, punctuation, spelling and grammar. No one is perfect, though; this is not an invitation to criticise others for minor mistakes.
  • Be nice. This is a forum for rational discourse, not flame wars. No one is always right. Be respectful of other people's views and accept that we are all entitled to our own.

These guidelines will be enforced by the moderators based on their best judgement, and anyone who does not take them seriously will lose the privilege of posting here. Spammers will be banned from the entire forum.

Heroism in Paris

Unread postby Woollyhoolly » 30th May, 2018, 6:34 am

Just a few days ago a boy was dangling from a 4th floor balcony. Onlookers did nothing, not even the neighbour, inches away from the boy.

`Then came Mamadou Gassama, saving the day

Not only did he climb 4 freaking stories, 4 freaking stories!!! , he did so without a doubting even a second. This is what we should call a true hero. As it turns out, Mamadou was an illegal alien from Mali, so the stakes were even higher for him. If people had known, he couldve been deported. Quite the contrary happened though, Emmanuel Macron France's president, made him a naturalised French citizen and the firebrigade of Paris also offered him a job, because of his heroism. He earned it.

Made you look

Trudeau's my daddy
Woollyhoolly
Classy

First name: Tim
Likes received: 156

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
2 / 7

Re: Heroism in Paris

Unread postby Woollyhoolly » 30th May, 2018, 7:01 am

Meanwhile in the UK, hero’s that happen to be illegal aliens get deported. Thanks theresa :eli: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/mar/03/man-who-saved-two-children-from-house-fire-to-be-deported-from-uk
Made you look

Trudeau's my daddy
Woollyhoolly
Classy

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
2 / 7

Unread postby Woollyhoolly » 31st May, 2018, 8:41 pm

Lowkey sad that we couldn’t even get some Home office Hatred on in this thread
Made you look

Trudeau's my daddy
Woollyhoolly
Classy

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
2 / 7

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 1st June, 2018, 5:51 am

maybe because temi people dont want a new thread for every single random event :gay:
House Cup 2016 - Team Westeros
House Cup 2017 - Team Lion King
Year Cup 2017/18 - The Far East

TheBrunswickian
Lazarus

First name: Jesse
Likes received: 590

:
Tier III
Progress to next tier:
4 / 14

Unread postby Corrdorr » 3rd June, 2018, 10:43 pm

TheBrunswickian wrote:maybe because temi people dont want a new thread for every single random event :gay:

Might as well just make a current affairs thread that get's updated daily if you wanna do that henni! :clap3:
Image Image Image Image

Corrdorr
Looks Pretty Good for a Dead Bitch

First name: Corey
Likes received: 170

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
4 / 7

Recently active