Thoughts on marijuana

A forum for the respectful exchange of views on thought-provoking topics, whether sexuality-related or otherwise; please read the guidelines prior to posting.

Forum rules

Welcome to the Intellectual Discussion subforum.

This forum is the place for intellectual discussions, such as philosophical or scientific debates. There are some guidelines that apply specifically to posts in this forum, of which you will be expected to have made yourself aware before participating. They are as follows:

• Intellectually stimulating topics only. If you can't have a deep discussion about something, it does not belong here.
  • If you're going to post, have something to say. When you make a new thread, write the initial post in a way that provides an introduction to the topic and invites further discussion. You could tell us how you feel and why, but always aim for constructive responses that further a discussion about the ideas involved, rather than a simple list of people's views. (Instead of asking "Are you a vegetarian?", discuss some of the arguments involved.) This guideline likewise applies for responses to topics.
  • Write using good English. That means full sentences with proper capitalisation, punctuation, spelling and grammar. No one is perfect, though; this is not an invitation to criticise others for minor mistakes.
  • Be nice. This is a forum for rational discourse, not flame wars. No one is always right. Be respectful of other people's views and accept that we are all entitled to our own.

These guidelines will be enforced by the moderators based on their best judgement, and anyone who does not take them seriously will lose the privilege of posting here. Spammers will be banned from the entire forum.

Re: Thoughts on marijuana

Unread postby Kaspar » 10th March, 2017, 5:54 pm

George wrote:I'm personally of the view that marijuana shouldnt be legal. Whilst it is still less harmless than cigarettes, inhaling no less than 10 times can trigger schizophrenia and other mental health issues in later life. This risk, in my opinion, is far too great to consider legalising it, as the health service should not have to support the mental health needs of people whom suffer because of the use of it.

Oh shit I've done more than ten times. Am I bound to be mental in later life, George? :noes: But now seriously George, Im genuinely curious of what researches you have stumbled upon. Cause you know, there are some that say weed is 100% harmless, and then there are these few saying you go mental after inhaling a very little. Btw, I think weed should be legal for normal responsible adults and done on your own risk (like alcohol, cigarettes etc.)

Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kaspar
Gay Jesus

First name: Kacper
Likes received: 269

Team: Spirited Away

Unread postby Arty » 11th March, 2017, 12:40 pm

George wrote:I'm personally of the view that marijuana shouldnt be legal. Whilst it is still less harmless than cigarettes, inhaling no less than 10 times can trigger schizophrenia and other mental health issues in later life. This risk, in my opinion, is far too great to consider legalising it, as the health service should not have to support the mental health needs of people whom suffer because of the use of it.

We shouldn't treat those who suffer illnesses due to self induced obesity then? what about Anorexia? Smoking? overuse of alcohol? solvent abuse? the list is endless. That's the flaw of the NHS, and it doesn't stop at Marijuana

Also, that is already an issue. People who use weed illegally also use the NHS :rofl: and any other illegal drug under the sun. Are we saying we should stop treating drug addicts of drugs like Crack Cocaine and Heroin?
Arty
Fialure

Likes received: 14

Unread postby Scherzy » 12th March, 2017, 2:25 pm

idk why y'all scrambling for medical reasons to support marijuana
get lit :stoner:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scherzy
Community Ambassador

First name: Aiden
Likes received: 165

Team: How To Train Your Dragon

Unread postby Vortex » 17th March, 2017, 6:45 pm

If this were true I feel like we'd have a much, much, MUCH larger epidemic of schizophrenia than we already do.

Also, citation please.
ImageImageImage

Ebsy wrote:Leave it to losers on Twitter to complain about being pandered to. You're supposed to complain when someone panders to others, not to you.
[4:46 AM] Saint Drogo: Also, you've got a strangely appealing asshole. I'll give you that much.
[6:03 AM] Pity: Omg... stop making me sound like a racist idiot
[4:51 AM] Scherzy: jerk off to clinton in the safety of your own bedroom luv
[2:56 PM] Saint Drogo: Literally let me use my cock as a paintbrush and my unborn children as paint.
Vortex
Saint Drogo's mistress.

First name: Da'Neil Boxley
Likes received: 250

Unread postby Oigo » 2nd April, 2017, 8:52 am

Dmitzi wrote:
Pity wrote:In fact, medical marijuana should be encouraged before prescribing addictive drugs.
Said 'addictive' drugs are proven to work.... whilst the claims about marijuana's 'medical benefits' are dubious at best. Although, I don't particularly expect someone like you to have much knowledge about mental health, or health in general ("Bipolar disorder makes you retarded" - Pity 2k17) :pukey:
Or basic biology ("BLACK PEOPLE ARE INHERINTELY GENETICALLY INFERIOR AND OMFG I'M NOT RACIST").

His views on race and bipolar disorder are totally irrelevant to this discussion. He doesn't have to know much about mental health for him to state his opinion on the matter, because it's borderline common sense. But since you pressed on it, do you think we should be prescribing Xanax to people with anxiety? Take a look at the adverse events section of that article. What about OxyContin which was falsely marketed as lasting 12 hours, and now is an epidemic in many parts of the country where it was first prescribed heavily? Shouldn't we say that the health benefits of these two drugs are "dubious at best"? That description doesn't fit research on medical marijuana, which is extensive, peer-reviewed and comes from a variety of sources. You can of course criticize the methods of the research, or the validity of the measures they used, but there's no scarcity of research on the topic. Meanwhile, most clinical studies on prescription drugs, specifically opioids and benzodiazepines, find efficacy in the drugs but also high rates of adverse effects, both through prescribed use of the drugs and through discontinuation (i.e., withdrawal).

EDIT: If it's not clear I'm of course of the opinion it should be legal for both medical and recreational use.
hellojwt wrote:he fiber poibts of ssarcasm wit and irony are wasted on your single brain cellt

Isaac wrote:ruined ones are by far the best
Oigo
Really nigga?

Likes received: 23

Unread postby Nerolunar » 2nd April, 2017, 10:07 am

Just legalise it. If people want to use it, so be it - after all, it really isn't THAT bad compared to other harmful drugs.

Image Image
Nerolunar
type of guy to watch himself have sex in a mirror.

First name: Magnus
Likes received: 13

Unread postby Kaspar » 2nd April, 2017, 11:17 am

Nerolunar wrote:Just legalise it. If people want to use it, so be it - after all, it really isn't THAT bad compared to other harmful drugs.

Governments and private companies could actually tax it and sell it commercially thus giving a big income boost, at the same time cutting illegal dealers and crime in that sector.

Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kaspar
Gay Jesus

First name: Kacper
Likes received: 269

Unread postby Vortex » 2nd April, 2017, 9:49 pm

idk but this edible was dope
ImageImageImage

Ebsy wrote:Leave it to losers on Twitter to complain about being pandered to. You're supposed to complain when someone panders to others, not to you.
[4:46 AM] Saint Drogo: Also, you've got a strangely appealing asshole. I'll give you that much.
[2:56 PM] Saint Drogo: Literally let me use my cock as a paintbrush and my unborn children as paint.
Vortex
Saint Drogo's mistress.

Unread postby J.A.I. » 3rd April, 2017, 2:54 am

Vortex wrote:idk but this edible was dope

You would have been pissed if it wasn't. Had some gummy bear type edibles the other day. powerful.
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable."
Hunter S. Thompson
J.A.I.
Vagina Eradicator

Unread postby Vortex » 4th April, 2017, 8:23 pm

J.A.I. wrote:
Vortex wrote:idk but this edible was dope

You would have been pissed if it wasn't. Had some gummy bear type edibles the other day. powerful.

I got some in Denver last year but also wtf I thought you died in ur sleep æons ago.
ImageImageImage

Vortex
Saint Drogo's mistress.

Unread postby Jedikiah » 9th April, 2017, 3:22 am

Just a funny story before my thoughts: Someone gave me a brownie that has 2 blunts infusion. A lot of people fell asleep but I didn't feel high at all. Like I could still drive home fine while everyone is passed out on the couch/bed.

Ok, so here's my thoughts. There are 2 parts and it's very conflicting for me. I think it is good but also, I think it's bad.

The good part is for medical reasons. I love to see when people can temporarily cure their chronic pain with just a little use of marijuana. It's good because it's for medical reasons and I do really support that.

Here's why I don't really support it other than medical reasons. I feel like a lot of young kids (like me as I just wanted to try once and never do it again), who hasn't developed their brain completely. They tend to also use marijuana over and over again and it's not good for brain growth. They can also tend to be a little more irresponsible as we don't know if they will smoke before coming to school or if they will smoke too many times a day. Im always scared that (let's say my sister smokes but she is absolutely a no no with any type of drugs), if my sister smokes and she gets addicted (meaning she smokes more than 2 or 3 times a day), she's mostly going to be high. I won't be able to talk to her much then cuz she'll be passed out most of the time. (Although I dont know why I am resistant to weed cuz 2 blunts in a brownie is a lot and I assure you that it was properly made). Like sure, when you're an adult, I couldn't care less if you smoke or not, just don't come near me when you do. But I'm just worried about my friends (who is around 15-16 yo) cuz I did lose a very close friend when she started smoking weed and idk, I just don't wanna get involved. Also, youll have to spend extra money to buy weed to give you that "joy" or high over and over again.

Let's go back to my good part. If my future husband/bf had to use weed for medical reasons, I would totally let him smoke around me (since I am very resistant which again, idk why).

That's just my thoughts on weed. It certainly is better than other types of drugs/tobacco. Yea. Please don't bash me for my views ok? ^^
Sinceriously,
Jedikiah
Jedikiah

First name: Jed
Likes received: 11

Unread postby Arty » 11th April, 2017, 1:58 pm

Jedikiah wrote:Just a funny story before my thoughts: Someone gave me a brownie that has 2 blunts infusion. A lot of people fell asleep but I didn't feel high at all. Like I could still drive home fine while everyone is passed out on the couch/bed.

Ok, so here's my thoughts. There are 2 parts and it's very conflicting for me. I think it is good but also, I think it's bad.

The good part is for medical reasons. I love to see when people can temporarily cure their chronic pain with just a little use of marijuana. It's good because it's for medical reasons and I do really support that.

Here's why I don't really support it other than medical reasons. I feel like a lot of young kids (like me as I just wanted to try once and never do it again), who hasn't developed their brain completely. They tend to also use marijuana over and over again and it's not good for brain growth. They can also tend to be a little more irresponsible as we don't know if they will smoke before coming to school or if they will smoke too many times a day. Im always scared that (let's say my sister smokes but she is absolutely a no no with any type of drugs), if my sister smokes and she gets addicted (meaning she smokes more than 2 or 3 times a day), she's mostly going to be high. I won't be able to talk to her much then cuz she'll be passed out most of the time. (Although I dont know why I am resistant to weed cuz 2 blunts in a brownie is a lot and I assure you that it was properly made). Like sure, when you're an adult, I couldn't care less if you smoke or not, just don't come near me when you do. But I'm just worried about my friends (who is around 15-16 yo) cuz I did lose a very close friend when she started smoking weed and idk, I just don't wanna get involved. Also, youll have to spend extra money to buy weed to give you that "joy" or high over and over again.

Let's go back to my good part. If my future husband/bf had to use weed for medical reasons, I would totally let him smoke around me (since I am very resistant which again, idk why).

That's just my thoughts on weed. It certainly is better than other types of drugs/tobacco. Yea. Please don't bash me for my views ok? ^^

I think what people usually mean about being legal is legal for adults, that being, over 18's. Which means in theory kids wouldn't smoke it, although obviously underaged kids drink and underaged kids smoke, but making it illegal only increases the amount of younger kids smoking it as it's a lot easier to get weed in other places than alcohol, if you're underaged, because sale of alcohol is hugely restricted whereas no drug dealer is going ask for your ID to ensure you're 18.
Arty
Fialure

Likes received: 14

Unread postby Vortex » 11th April, 2017, 5:54 pm

Jedikiah wrote:Just a funny story before my thoughts: Someone gave me a brownie that has 2 blunts infusion.

Not to be a dick, but, what?

As for the rest of your post, in places in America where it is legal, it's only able to be bought at the same age as alcohol(21).
ImageImageImage

Vortex
Saint Drogo's mistress.

Unread postby Squipel » 23rd April, 2017, 10:53 am

Personally I think that the medical uses of Marijuana such as a cancer one (I think?) are useful yet I know dozens of kids in my school use loads of different drugs and I've seen what they look like even the day afterwards and it's really not nice. I think it's bad because of both science AND people in power, they both have a say in it. So I'm just super undecided...
Squipel
King of the Gingers

First name: James
Likes received: 16

Previous

Recently active