From Homosexual to Heterosexual

A forum for respectful discussion & exchange of views on news, current affairs & thought-provoking topics; please read and be aware of the guidelines prior to posting.

Forum rules

Welcome to the News, Current Affairs & Debate subforum.

This forum is the place for intellectual discussions relating to news, current affairs, or philosophical & scientific debates. There are some guidelines that apply specifically to posts in this forum, of which you will be expected to have made yourself aware before participating. They are as follows:

• Intellectually stimulating topics only. If you can't have a deep discussion about something, it does not belong here.
  • If you're going to post, have something to say. When you make a new thread, write the initial post in a way that provides an introduction to the topic and invites further discussion. You could tell us how you feel and why, but always aim for constructive responses that further a discussion about the ideas involved, rather than a simple list of people's views. (Instead of asking "Are you a vegetarian?", discuss some of the arguments involved.) This guideline likewise applies for responses to topics.
  • Write using good English. That means full sentences with proper capitalisation, punctuation, spelling and grammar. No one is perfect, though; this is not an invitation to criticise others for minor mistakes.
  • Be nice. This is a forum for rational discourse, not flame wars. No one is always right. Be respectful of other people's views and accept that we are all entitled to our own.

These guidelines will be enforced by the moderators based on their best judgement, and anyone who does not take them seriously will lose the privilege of posting here. Spammers will be banned from the entire forum.

Re: From Homosexual to Heterosexual

Unread postby LiveDynamics98 » 20th December, 2016, 1:51 am

So if being gay is about want and availability. Why is it that a significant majority of gay people go through a phase in their lives where they do not want to be gay before coming to accept themselves, and there's even a substantial availability of opposite sex suitors.
LiveDynamics98

First name: Levi

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby m0nk3y » 20th December, 2016, 7:55 am

LiveDynamics98 wrote:So if being gay is about want and availability. Why is it that a significant majority of gay people go through a phase in their lives where they do not want to be gay before coming to accept themselves, and there's even a substantial availability of opposite sex suitors.

Didn't you read the original post about 'human competitive nature'?
"I lied mistakenly."
"1 joke."
"Just a kiss."
m0nk3y

Likes received: 7

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Togetik » 20th December, 2016, 8:03 am

m0nk3y wrote:Didn't you read the original post about 'human competitive nature'?

Yeah but the problem arises that the human competetive nature element is disconnected from the rest of the post, you define the competetive nature of humanity as the cause of all conflict and don't put that in the context of this topic, you jump immediatly into a weird thing that you seem to think all gay people are hung up on a woman that they themselves may not even remember.

That itself is completely detached from the idea of availability and want because it's based on the opposite, that a human didn't take what was available when it was available and when they wanted it & as such have completely turned on their head and decided that in future circumstances they'll do the exact same thing in regards to female prospective partners BUT not the same thing for male prospective partners
Togetik

Likes received: 95

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby m0nk3y » 20th December, 2016, 8:05 am

Togetik wrote:
m0nk3y wrote:Didn't you read the original post about 'human competitive nature'?
that a human didn't take what was available when it was available and when they wanted it

Not at all.

You interpreted the original post wrong...
"I lied mistakenly."
"1 joke."
"Just a kiss."
m0nk3y

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby nab21 » 20th December, 2016, 8:31 am

monk3y wrote:Sometimes a lifestyle, is preferred, over choice of partner.

If your desired lifestyle is deemed out of reach, you will opt for an alternative.

So I'm like this because a woman is too out of reach for me to have as a partner, so I settled for homosexuality because it's the next best option?

Uh, no. I didn't choose to be like this because I have no other alternative. I didn't choose to be like this at all. The home I, and many others, were raised in was and still is quite homophobic. Living our lives as straight people would've been much easier for us. Living my life as a heterosexual is not out of my reach. In fact, under the current circumstances that my life is in right now, living my life as a homosexual is out of my reach instead.
Popularite Season 4 Champions - Proudly #TeamAdele Team Vice Captain
House Cup 2016 Champions - Vice Captain of Team Middle Earth

ImageImage
nab21
Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Likes received: 24

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Popularité League Winner

Unread postby m0nk3y » 20th December, 2016, 8:34 am

nab21 wrote:Uh, no.

Ok, I'll take your word for it...

nab21 wrote:So I'm like this

It's not like that, trust.
"I lied mistakenly."
"1 joke."
"Just a kiss."
m0nk3y

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Dolly » 20th December, 2016, 2:01 pm

M0nk3y, if it was possible, I would be straight, but unfortunately, there is no realistic way of doing so. Until then, there are two choices: repress the gay or shake what your momma gave ya'.
Dolly
hotty & country singer

Likes received: 851

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
2 / 7

Unread postby Johnluke » 21st December, 2016, 3:20 am

Well actually here is my theory so, Everyone in the womb starts with the x chromosome so, that means we all start as girls well, sometimes that can get messed up and the gender you like stays the same that's why it's rare because it's basically a biological mess up.
Ehh
Johnluke

First name: Futepopo
Likes received: 1

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby ConnorM » 22nd December, 2016, 11:50 am

Usernamesarefortwats wrote:Well actually here is my theory so, Everyone in the womb starts with the x chromosome so, that means we all start as girls well, sometimes that can get messed up and the gender you like stays the same that's why it's rare because it's basically a biological mess up.

And you would explain lesbians how, exactly?
ConnorM
Sir Conor the Incompetent

Likes received: 106

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Auralnauts » 22nd December, 2016, 10:51 pm

ConnorM wrote:
Usernamesarefortwats wrote:Well actually here is my theory so, Everyone in the womb starts with the x chromosome so, that means we all start as girls well, sometimes that can get messed up and the gender you like stays the same that's why it's rare because it's basically a biological mess up.

And you would explain lesbians how, exactly?

A lesbian is a girl who likes girls. Not that hard to explain, really.

"Gives the best advice"
-No one
Auralnauts
No interesting title here.

Likes received: 12

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby LiveDynamics98 » 29th December, 2016, 12:07 am

Much scientific, very theory, wow.
LiveDynamics98

First name: Levi

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby CRUSTY SEA MILF » 30th April, 2018, 3:41 am

Bumping this gem I just found
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
CRUSTY SEA MILF wrote:You the right boob to my left, the peanut butter to my jelly, the Donald to my Melania, the Trisha Paytas to my 5 pounds of salami
CRUSTY SEA MILF
Egregious Infundibular

First name: Brennan/wolbre4
Likes received: 422

:
Tier IV
Progress to next tier:
2 / 28

Unread postby Woollyhoolly » 30th April, 2018, 7:44 am

CRUSTY SEA MILF wrote:Bumping this gem I just found

Is this your way of dumping kevin? :confused:
Made you look

Trudeau's my daddy
Woollyhoolly
Classy

First name: Tim
Likes received: 156

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
2 / 7

Unread postby CRUSTY SEA MILF » 30th April, 2018, 11:05 am

Woollyhoolly wrote:
CRUSTY SEA MILF wrote:Bumping this gem I just found

Is this your way of dumping kevin? :confused:

NO
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
CRUSTY SEA MILF wrote:You the right boob to my left, the peanut butter to my jelly, the Donald to my Melania, the Trisha Paytas to my 5 pounds of salami
CRUSTY SEA MILF
Egregious Infundibular

First name: Brennan/wolbre4
Likes received: 422

:
Tier IV
Progress to next tier:
2 / 28

Previous

Recently active