US Politics 2018: A Tragicomedy

A forum for respectful discussion & exchange of views on news, current affairs & thought-provoking topics; please read and be aware of the guidelines prior to posting.

Forum rules

Welcome to the News, Current Affairs & Debate subforum.

This forum is the place for intellectual discussions relating to news, current affairs, or philosophical & scientific debates. There are some guidelines that apply specifically to posts in this forum, of which you will be expected to have made yourself aware before participating. They are as follows:

• Intellectually stimulating topics only. If you can't have a deep discussion about something, it does not belong here.
  • If you're going to post, have something to say. When you make a new thread, write the initial post in a way that provides an introduction to the topic and invites further discussion. You could tell us how you feel and why, but always aim for constructive responses that further a discussion about the ideas involved, rather than a simple list of people's views. (Instead of asking "Are you a vegetarian?", discuss some of the arguments involved.) This guideline likewise applies for responses to topics.
  • Write using good English. That means full sentences with proper capitalisation, punctuation, spelling and grammar. No one is perfect, though; this is not an invitation to criticise others for minor mistakes.
  • Be nice. This is a forum for rational discourse, not flame wars. No one is always right. Be respectful of other people's views and accept that we are all entitled to our own.

These guidelines will be enforced by the moderators based on their best judgement, and anyone who does not take them seriously will lose the privilege of posting here. Spammers will be banned from the entire forum.

GTF's Presidential Approval: At this moment, do you approve of Donald Trump's job as President?

Yes
20%
No
80%

Total votes : 111

Re: US Politics 2018: A Tragicomedy

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 27th April, 2018, 12:29 am

Adyuto wrote:
TheBrunswickian wrote:
Adyuto wrote:I think that if she won, there would be a vocal group of black women who would not have wanted her to do so. They would feel uncomfortable with her relationship with Willie Brown - even though him and his wife were/are separated - given that they value loyalty in relationships. I'm waiting to see how her relationship with Brown will be used against her in a campaign, but I think that could potentially be one of biggest liabilities.

So her biggest weakness is what? A personal relationship from the 90s? Shit if that's her biggest liability then she's set

Tell me your opinion on Holder as a 'expressed interest' potential candidate and Booker as a speculative candidate.

Eric Holder doesn't have any kind of name outside of the politicos. Thing is that I doubt he will be a broadly appealing candidate because he's not been actively involved in the day-to-day (or really, hour-to-hour) blows of current politics. He wouldn't get a lot of support and would drop out quickly imo. As for Booker, I'm not a huge fan of him. He'll get panned for his ties to big pharma and his stances in a lot of areas. I think a lot of people wouldn't trust him
House Cup 2016 - Team Westeros
House Cup 2017 - Team Lion King
Year Cup 2017/18 - The Far East

TheBrunswickian
Lazarus

First name: Jesse
Likes received: 590

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier III
Progress to next tier:
4 / 14

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 7th May, 2018, 9:00 pm

New York Attorney General Eric Schniderman has been accused of assault by four women. I AM SO FUCKING MAD. Governor Cuomo has demanded his resignation. oh and Missouri Governor Eric Greitens is facing two felony charges and accusations of rape - but the GOP refuses to demand his resignation.

TheBrunswickian
Lazarus

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier III
Progress to next tier:
4 / 14

Unread postby Adyuto » 10th May, 2018, 2:20 am

TheBrunswickian wrote:New York Attorney General Eric Schniderman has been accused of assault by four women. I AM SO FUCKING MAD. Governor Cuomo has demanded his resignation. oh and Missouri Governor Eric Greitens is facing two felony charges and accusations of rape - but the GOP refuses to demand his resignation.

Jesse rn at Schniderman:

[Image
Adyuto
Mafia A Rank

Likes received: 54

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
3 / 7

Team: Cheer Team

Mafia A Rank

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 10th May, 2018, 8:31 pm

Adyuto wrote:
TheBrunswickian wrote:New York Attorney General Eric Schniderman has been accused of assault by four women. I AM SO FUCKING MAD. Governor Cuomo has demanded his resignation. oh and Missouri Governor Eric Greitens is facing two felony charges and accusations of rape - but the GOP refuses to demand his resignation.

Jesse rn at Schniderman:
[Image

legit live footage of me reading the New Yorker piece.

FUCK YOU ERIC SCHNEIDERMAN

TheBrunswickian
Lazarus

:
Tier III
Progress to next tier:
4 / 14

Unread postby Dolly » 11th May, 2018, 12:32 am

pizzagate is just a crazy conspiracy theory, guys!
Dolly
hotty & country singer

Likes received: 851

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
2 / 7

Unread postby Dolly » 17th May, 2018, 9:28 pm

HAHAHAHA

Dolly
hotty & country singer

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
2 / 7

Unread postby CRUSTY SEA MILF » 17th May, 2018, 10:43 pm

Your tax dollars at work
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
CRUSTY SEA MILF wrote:You the right boob to my left, the peanut butter to my jelly, the Donald to my Melania, the Trisha Paytas to my 5 pounds of salami
CRUSTY SEA MILF
Egregious Infundibular

First name: Brennan/wolbre4
Likes received: 422

:
Tier IV
Progress to next tier:
2 / 28

Unread postby Dolly » 21st May, 2018, 2:07 pm

u know the left is backwards when they defend Hamas after they were shot for trying to rush over the Israeli border and MS13 gang members because Trump called them animals.
Dolly
hotty & country singer

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
2 / 7

Unread postby BryanC » 21st May, 2018, 7:45 pm

Some people would just like to spin anything into something to help people get on their side.
Hey my name is Bryan if you wanna get to know me check my introduction thread, send me a pm or hit me up on social media or in the chat :) viewtopic.php?style=6&f=8&t=71284#p2404305

Snapchat: Bryan_Hof
Instagram: LovePeaceBryan
BryanC
Formerly DJ Booty

Likes received: 1

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Woollyhoolly » 21st May, 2018, 8:08 pm

Dolly wrote:u know the left is backwards when they defend Hamas after they were shot for trying to rush over the Israeli border and MS13 gang members because Trump called them animals.

Covfefe.

Also israel is just a huge mess. Israels wrong. Palestine is wrong. All is wrong. One of the not so few mistakes by the UN
Made you look

Trudeau's my daddy
Woollyhoolly
Classy

First name: Tim
Likes received: 156

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
2 / 7

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 21st May, 2018, 10:12 pm

Dolly wrote:u know the left is backwards when they defend Hamas after they were shot for trying to rush over the Israeli border and MS13 gang members because Trump called them animals.

thing is, Hamas were not the people that Israel massacred. They were Palestinians protesting the movement of the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, breaking with long standing US policy of treating Tel Aviv as the de facto capital of Israel. But its okay because this will bring about the Rapture and He shall return to judge us all.

And on the MS13 thing, I think its safe to say that everyone, Right and Left, would like to see violent criminals deported. However, it is clear that the Trump administration is deliberately conflating violent gang members with legitimate refugees and immigrants. And its pointing out that calling people based on the colour of their skin "animals" regardless of what they've done, is fucking racist. But we knew that after the rapists comment, so what's fucking new

TheBrunswickian
Lazarus

:
Tier III
Progress to next tier:
4 / 14

Unread postby Dolly » 21st May, 2018, 11:44 pm

TheBrunswickian wrote:Hamas were not the people that Israel massacred. They were Palestinians protesting the movement of the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, breaking with long standing US policy of treating Tel Aviv as the de facto capital of Israel.

"Salah Bardawil, a senior Hamas official, told Palestinian news outlet Baladna TV that 50 out of the 60 who died on Monday were members of his organization, while the rest were civilians."
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/hama ... rs-n874906

TheBrunswickian wrote:However, it is clear that the Trump administration is deliberately conflating violent gang members with legitimate refugees and immigrants.

Cite evidence for this baseless claim.

TheBrunswickian wrote:And its pointing out that calling people based on the colour of their skin "animals" regardless of what they've done, is fucking racist.

Read one of the definitions of "animal." It has nothing to do with skin color

TheBrunswickian wrote:But we knew that after the rapists comment, so what's fucking new

He never said Mexicans or their immigrants are rapists. He said some of the illegals are rapists and criminals, which is factually true.
http://fairus.org/issue/illegal-immigra ... gal-aliens

...but go off.
Dolly
hotty & country singer

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
2 / 7

Unread postby Dolly » 6th June, 2018, 11:44 pm

the left only exists to brainwash teens into their unsubstantiated narrative with their pop culture propaganda

Dolly
hotty & country singer

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
2 / 7

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 7th June, 2018, 1:48 am

"This is America" isnt even that subversive or good... (ducks). But seriously, go listen to Kara Brown's critique of it. It does nothing to make any meaningful point beyond the violence. Its just violence for the sake of violence. Its not genius as everyone likes to say

TheBrunswickian
Lazarus

:
Tier III
Progress to next tier:
4 / 14

Unread postby Dolly » 7th June, 2018, 3:08 pm

cant believe we agree
Dolly
hotty & country singer

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
2 / 7

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 14th June, 2018, 8:23 am

Mike Pence will be met with dancing drag queens in Columbus. I fucking love this.

Dolly wrote:cant believe we agree

as they say, broken clock twice a day

TheBrunswickian
Lazarus

:
Tier III
Progress to next tier:
4 / 14

Unread postby Dolly » 19th June, 2018, 3:05 pm

here's an example of the fake news media doing what they do best.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/18/politics ... index.html

in this article, CNN sneakily tries to sprinkle in suggestions that Trump is a segregationist based on a few words that have nothing to do with the situation....

fuck fake news
Dolly
hotty & country singer

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
2 / 7

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 20th June, 2018, 4:05 am

the Space Force quite probably is a violation of international law

TheBrunswickian
Lazarus

:
Tier III
Progress to next tier:
4 / 14

Unread postby Dolly » 20th June, 2018, 3:38 pm

my comment wasnt about the space force, rather, CNN's reporting of it
Dolly
hotty & country singer

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
2 / 7

Unread postby Woollyhoolly » 20th June, 2018, 6:37 pm

I mean the only reason i lowkey support this is that if we ever want to get to mars, we need more space tech. And as the majority of tech discoveries are done by the military.

Highkey not psyched about the fact that knowing the us they’ll set up a GPS satelite like system but then with nukes.

Also the children are freed from the cages, alas.
OR well not freed, but at least not kept away from their parents
Made you look

Trudeau's my daddy
Woollyhoolly
Classy

First name: Tim
Likes received: 156

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
2 / 7

PreviousNext

Recently active