US Politics 2017

A forum for respectful discussion & exchange of views on news, current affairs & thought-provoking topics; please read and be aware of the guidelines prior to posting.

Forum rules

Welcome to the News, Current Affairs & Debate subforum.

This forum is the place for intellectual discussions relating to news, current affairs, or philosophical & scientific debates. There are some guidelines that apply specifically to posts in this forum, of which you will be expected to have made yourself aware before participating. They are as follows:

  • Intellectually stimulating topics only. If you can't have a deep discussion about something, it does not belong here.
  • If you're going to post, have something to say. When you make a new thread, write the initial post in a way that provides an introduction to the topic and invites further discussion. You could tell us how you feel and why, but always aim for constructive responses that further a discussion about the ideas involved, rather than a simple list of people's views. (Instead of asking "Are you a vegetarian?", discuss some of the arguments involved.) This guideline likewise applies for responses to topics.
  • Write using good English. That means full sentences with proper capitalisation, punctuation, spelling and grammar. No one is perfect, though; this is not an invitation to criticise others for minor mistakes.
  • Be nice. This is a forum for rational discourse, not flame wars. No one is always right. Be respectful of other people's views and accept that we are all entitled to our own.

These guidelines will be enforced by the moderators based on their best judgement, and anyone who does not take them seriously will lose the privilege of posting here. Spammers will be banned from the entire forum.

GTF's Presidential Approval: At this moment, do you approve of Donald Trump's job as President?

Yes
18
20%
No
74
80%
 
Total votes : 92

Re: US Politics 2017

Unread postby Pity » 16th August, 2017, 8:56 pm

Vortex wrote:
Pity wrote:Vortex, it would be best if you opted out of going and discourage your friends from counter-protesting as well. After what happened in Charlottesville, it is best to leave them alone. Fire can't spread without oxygen.

Unfortunately, I cannot do this. I feel compelled to go.


Just know that you may be potentially violating the law if you do not have the proper permits and that you put yourself at risk if you attempt to physically engage with them. At the very least, make sure to condemn any potential violence from the alt-left/Antifa.
Image
User avatar
Pity
hotty & disgraced member
 
First name: Marcus
Posts: 3042
Likes received: 489
Joined: 19th July, 2015, 11:50 pm
Location: Apex, NC
Country: United States (us)

Team: The Wild West

Re: US Politics 2017

Unread postby Vortex » 16th August, 2017, 9:34 pm

Pity wrote:
Vortex wrote:
Pity wrote:Vortex, it would be best if you opted out of going and discourage your friends from counter-protesting as well. After what happened in Charlottesville, it is best to leave them alone. Fire can't spread without oxygen.

Unfortunately, I cannot do this. I feel compelled to go.


Just know that you may be potentially violating the law if you do not have the proper permits and that you put yourself at risk if you attempt to physically engage with them. At the very least, make sure to condemn any potential violence from the alt-left/Antifa.

You don't need a permit to gather in Lexington.

"WKYT checked with Lexington city officials to see what the restrictions are on protests. The city tells us, unlike in Charlottesville where a protest turned deadly over the weekend, protestors in Lexington do not need a permit to gather in public places. They can't block streets, sidewalks or engage in unlawful behavior."

I don't plan on punching anyone, except maybe in self defense. But I don't foresee it as an issue.
ImageImageImage

Ebsy wrote:Leave it to losers on Twitter to complain about being pandered to. You're supposed to complain when someone panders to others, not to you.
[4:46 AM] Saint Drogo: Also, you've got a strangely appealing asshole. I'll give you that much.
[6:03 AM] Pity: Omg... stop making me sound like a racist idiot
[4:51 AM] Scherzy: jerk off to clinton in the safety of your own bedroom luv
[2:56 PM] Saint Drogo: Literally let me use my cock as a paintbrush and my unborn children as paint.
User avatar
Vortex
Saint Drogo's mistress.
 
First name: Da'Neil Boxley
Posts: 9014
Likes received: 268
Joined: 28th August, 2008, 2:43 pm
Location: Kentucky
Country: United States (us)

Team: The Wild West

Re: US Politics 2017

Unread postby Togetik » 17th August, 2017, 1:32 am

Evidently we're an edgy teen on 4chan now with these greentext arrows but alright

Pity wrote:"Trump is a white supremacist, KKK member, and Nazi sympathizer!!!"

>Jewish daughter and son-in-law

>Appoints steve bannon, noted antisemitic alt right fucklord to his cabinet
>Keeps him around despite bannon happily calling Kushner a "globalist jew" regularly, and calling him a cuck
>Refused to mention antisemitism or jewish people in his holocaust memorial speech despite skyrocketing antisemitic attacks

Pity wrote:>Specifically condemns the KKK, Nazis, white nationalists, and the bad members of the alt-right.

>....Only upon the hounding of his daughter, the media and the republican party. Refuses to do any of that unless pressed and hounded for it for days.
Pity wrote:>Heather Heyer's mother thanked President Trump.

>Oh boy, the mother of a woman murdered by nazis thanked Trump for taking an ungodly amount of time to say nazis are bad. Too bad he almost immediately followed it up by walking back and calling Heather mays herself just as bad as the nazis.

Pity wrote:>Agrees local governments should take the statues down if they want.

>Where the shit did you get this from because I can't find anything except him saying the opposite and being an idiot by using the same nonarguments you did earlier in this thread

Pity, in a fit of horrible irony wrote:Part of maturity is recognizing when you are wrong and when an opponent is correct. :tea:


You... you literally lied and used pictures of a completely different protest from years ago to try and make a garbage point on the page you said this and are on record for never ever doing this.

We have a racist thread where you try to justify being a white supremacist that stands as a living monument to your inability to do this.
User avatar
Togetik
Member
 
Posts: 543
Likes received: 81
Joined: 5th February, 2016, 11:24 pm
Country: Australia (au)

Re: US Politics 2017

Unread postby Dessy » 17th August, 2017, 9:43 am

I haven't turned on CNN (which you linked anyway) or whatever you think is fake news. I heard and saw what Trump has said in full. There's really no hiding it.
Image
ImageImage
ImageImage


Image
User avatar
Dessy
Moderator Emeriti
 
First name: Des
Posts: 10305
Likes received: 307
Joined: 16th September, 2013, 2:02 am
Country: United States (us)

Re: US Politics 2017

Unread postby Pity » 17th August, 2017, 11:36 am

You all seem to lack any reasoning skills. Put opinions aside and look at the facts.

He waited "so long" (two days is long?) because there still was not any confirmation about 1. who the driver was 2. who the victim was, and 3. what events took place and where.

Haha, did you guys even look at his original comments on the issue?

Image
He is definitely a white supremacist all right! How dare he condemn the hatred at the rally and call for Americans to come together!?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 5391596544
That #NotMyPresident Trump is such a Nazi because he condemns the hatred and violence at the rally. He says it has no place in America.

If you all actually opened your eyes and ears, watched what actually happened, and listened to Trump's actual speeches, you would not be regurgitating fake news headlines such as, "Donald Trump Denounces Amazon More Strongly Than Neo-Nazis" from The Huffington Post, "How Trump's Charlottesville response emboldens white supremacist" from Vox, "Trump Angrily Defended The White Supremacists In Charlottesville" from the ever-so-credible BuzzFeed, "Trump Gives White Supremacists an Unequivocal Boost" from The New York Times, and many more from MSNBC, The Washington Post, and CNN. Interestingly, in the article I referenced from the NYT, they edited Trump's speech and removed the parts where he specifiically condemns the violent alt-right, Nazis, and the KKK.

I do not remember the fake news giving President Obama so much trouble when he refused to call out certain groups for cities being burned down and looted, police officers being shot, and being threatened. :tea:
Image
User avatar
Pity
hotty & disgraced member
 
First name: Marcus
Posts: 3042
Likes received: 489
Joined: 19th July, 2015, 11:50 pm
Location: Apex, NC
Country: United States (us)

Team: The Wild West

Re: US Politics 2017

Unread postby Pity » 17th August, 2017, 8:13 pm

I am going to make my 2020 predictions early and discuss a conspiracy through a timeline.

1. November 2016: Unexpected win for Donald Trump. Shocks the establishment on both the left and right.

2. January 2017-Present: Trump takes office.
a. Establishment GOP becomes disgruntled because Trump is hurting the Republican brand because he is having trouble getting legislation passed, causing the party to fracture, and is unable to articulate himself. Democrats hate him because he is rocking the establishment boat even if he did not proactively "drain the swamp." Plus, he is making major changes, even for a Republican.

3. Present: GOP and establishment Democrats are lowkey unified and want to remove Trump in the next election.
a. Both parties would rather have an establishment figure in office than Trump or Bernie.

4. June 2017-Present: Democratic donors and establishment figures set targets on Senator Kamala Harris for their 2020 nominee.
a. Vice President Mike Pence may betray Trump and will use an attack on Trump as an excuse to run against him.

5. August 2017-Present: Charlottesville happens.
a. Even though the Democrats/fake news have been repeatedly and falsely attacking Trump for months, there is finally something both the Republicans and Democrats and unite and attack Trump on.
b. This is the perfect opportunity to smear Trump as a white supremacist and Nazi sympathizer. If successful, no average conservative would support him.
c. Even the establishment Republicans go along with it. It is the perfect plan. Remove all the average Republicans from Trump's base so only fringe conservatives are left, which is nowhere near enough supporters for him to be re-elected in 2020.

6. August 2017-November 2020: There will be even more fake news about Trump in the coming years.
a. This will come in periodic, major blows (maybe every 6-12 months) until everybody is disgusted with him.

7. November 2018: Establishment Democrats begin take a lot more Republican seats in both the House and Senate. I doubt it will be a majority, but I will not be surprised.
a. "Lesser of two evils" argument is in full-force by all left-leaning news outlets. By then, a lot of millenials have been brainwashed/conditioned into thinking a Democrat is automatically better than a Republican. The biggest issue will be the viable introduction of hate speech laws. Climate change will be the second wedge.
I. Democrats will use "If you don't want to restrict speech, you're racist." as their main argument.
b. By then, the Republicans will ease off the Trump attacks to ensure the Democratic takeover does not go too far.

8. January 2020: Bernie and Kamala are the two front-runners for the Democratic ticket.

9. March 2020: Establishment Democrats know they can get away with their corruption again because who is going to call them out on it when it is Trump they are running against?
a. Establishment/fake news will vehemently attack Bernie for being too old, which he very well may be by then.
b. Virtually zero leaks at this point. The Democrats will have tightened up their security. They will probably be employing several top-level establishment digital security firms to ensure everything is sealed shut.
c. Kamala becomes the nominee.

10. November 2020: Kamala Harris becomes President-elect.
a. We are back to square one. Obama 2.0. Grassroots campaigns, anti-establishment mantras, and anti-money-in-politics drives are dead and so is the Green Party. Again, the "less of two evils" argument will win because "look at Trump."
b. Democrats have taken over both the House and Senate. Give it a year or two after Kamala is elected and there will be a leftist majority on the Supreme Court too.
c. America as we know it will begin to disintegrate in terms of social cohesion, majorly.

You heard it from me, everyone. I guarantee there is a conspiracy going on and a Democratic takeover will happen in 2020. Prepare yourselves.

Also, this is my final post in this thread. xoxo.
Image
User avatar
Pity
hotty & disgraced member
 
First name: Marcus
Posts: 3042
Likes received: 489
Joined: 19th July, 2015, 11:50 pm
Location: Apex, NC
Country: United States (us)

Team: The Wild West

Re: US Politics 2017

Unread postby Unseasoned Chicken » 17th August, 2017, 9:02 pm

Pity wrote:c. America as we know it will begin to disintegrate in terms of social cohesion, majorly.

I'd say the marginalisation of LGBT people, immigrants, muslims, POC & women by Trump already started this.
Last edited by Unseasoned Chicken on 17th August, 2017, 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twink enthusiast
User avatar
Unseasoned Chicken
Is shaking
 
First name: Ethan
Posts: 3994
Likes received: 649
Joined: 4th November, 2015, 3:49 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Country: Australia (au)

Re: US Politics 2017

Unread postby Unseasoned Chicken » 17th August, 2017, 9:02 pm

.
Last edited by Unseasoned Chicken on 17th August, 2017, 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: double post
Twink enthusiast
User avatar
Unseasoned Chicken
Is shaking
 
First name: Ethan
Posts: 3994
Likes received: 649
Joined: 4th November, 2015, 3:49 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Country: Australia (au)

Re: US Politics 2017

Unread postby ConnorM » 17th August, 2017, 9:04 pm

Pity wrote:I am going to make my 2020 predictions early and discuss a conspiracy through a timeline.

1. November 2016: Unexpected win for Donald Trump. Shocks the establishment on both the left and right.

2. January 2017-Present: Trump takes office.
a. Establishment GOP becomes disgruntled because Trump is hurting the Republican brand because he is having trouble getting legislation passed, causing the party to fracture, and is unable to articulate himself. Democrats hate him because he is rocking the establishment boat even if he did not proactively "drain the swamp." Plus, he is making major changes, even for a Republican.

3. Present: GOP and establishment Democrats are lowkey unified and want to remove Trump in the next election.
a. Both parties would rather have an establishment figure in office than Trump or Bernie.

4. June 2017-Present: Democratic donors and establishment figures set targets on Senator Kamala Harris for their 2020 nominee.
a. Vice President Mike Pence may betray Trump and will use an attack on Trump as an excuse to run against him.

5. August 2017-Present: Charlottesville happens.
a. Even though the Democrats/fake news have been repeatedly and falsely attacking Trump for months, there is finally something both the Republicans and Democrats and unite and attack Trump on.
b. This is the perfect opportunity to smear Trump as a white supremacist and Nazi sympathizer. If successful, no average conservative would support him.
c. Even the establishment Republicans go along with it. It is the perfect plan. Remove all the average Republicans from Trump's base so only fringe conservatives are left, which is nowhere near enough supporters for him to be re-elected in 2020.

6. August 2017-November 2020: There will be even more fake news about Trump in the coming years.
a. This will come in periodic, major blows (maybe every 6-12 months) until everybody is disgusted with him.

7. November 2018: Establishment Democrats begin take a lot more Republican seats in both the House and Senate. I doubt it will be a majority, but I will not be surprised.
a. "Lesser of two evils" argument is in full-force by all left-leaning news outlets. By then, a lot of millenials have been brainwashed/conditioned into thinking a Democrat is automatically better than a Republican. The biggest issue will be the viable introduction of hate speech laws. Climate change will be the second wedge.
I. Democrats will use "If you don't want to restrict speech, you're racist." as their main argument.
b. By then, the Republicans will ease off the Trump attacks to ensure the Democratic takeover does not go too far.

8. January 2020: Bernie and Kamala are the two front-runners for the Democratic ticket.

9. March 2020: Establishment Democrats know they can get away with their corruption again because who is going to call them out on it when it is Trump they are running against?
a. Establishment/fake news will vehemently attack Bernie for being too old, which he very well may be by then.
b. Virtually zero leaks at this point. The Democrats will have tightened up their security. They will probably be employing several top-level establishment digital security firms to ensure everything is sealed shut.
c. Kamala becomes the nominee.

10. November 2020: Kamala Harris becomes President-elect.
a. We are back to square one. Obama 2.0. Grassroots campaigns, anti-establishment mantras, and anti-money-in-politics drives are dead and so is the Green Party. Again, the "less of two evils" argument will win because "look at Trump."
b. Democrats have taken over both the House and Senate. Give it a year or two after Kamala is elected and there will be a leftist majority on the Supreme Court too.
c. America as we know it will begin to disintegrate in terms of social cohesion, majorly.

You heard it from me, everyone. I guarantee there is a conspiracy going on and a Democratic takeover will happen in 2020. Prepare yourselves.

Also, this is my final post in this thread. xoxo.

We have a conspiracy theory thread if you'd like to not clog up the politics thread with conspiracy theories, please-and-thank-you.
Image
User avatar
ConnorM
Sir Conor the Incompetent
 
Posts: 422
Likes received: 97
Joined: 14th December, 2013, 11:21 pm
Location: NY
Country: United States (us)

Team: The Far East

Re: US Politics 2017

Unread postby Togetik » 18th August, 2017, 4:46 am

Pity wrote:You all seem to lack any reasoning skills. Put opinions aside and look at the facts.


Are you.. talking to yourself here? Or do you just fundamentally lack the ability to recognise irony

Pity wrote:He waited "so long" (two days is long?) because there still was not any confirmation about 1. who the driver was 2. who the victim was, and 3. what events took place and where.


I mean, there was definitely confirmation about all three on the first day? And let's not pretend Trump isn't constantly commenting on issues where those things aren't known, often outright lying or parroting false information.

It sure does excuse him siding with neo nazis, refusing to condemn neo nazis until he's given a significant amount of internal and external pressure, or constantly perpetuating neo nazi rhetoric, though.
User avatar
Togetik
Member
 
Posts: 543
Likes received: 81
Joined: 5th February, 2016, 11:24 pm
Country: Australia (au)

Re: US Politics 2017

Unread postby Ebsy » 18th August, 2017, 2:26 pm

Image
Will wrote:Eye contact is serious. Make sure you get tested for H-eye-V.
Thumper wrote:I've read washing machine manuals that aroused me more.
User avatar
Ebsy
EBay
 
Posts: 2681
Likes received: 37
Joined: 2nd June, 2012, 1:27 am
Location: Missouri

Team: The Far East

Re: US Politics 2017

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 19th August, 2017, 6:10 am

and yet, C+ Santa Monica Fascist Stephen Miller is still around
House Cup 2016 - Team Westeros
House Cup 2017 - Team Lion King
Year Cup 2017/18 - The Far East



Image
User avatar
TheBrunswickian
Data Collector, Community Ambassador
 
First name: Jesse
Posts: 2871
Likes received: 348
Joined: 30th January, 2014, 11:49 pm
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia (au)

Re: US Politics 2017

Unread postby Togetik » 22nd August, 2017, 3:04 am

Trump and his family's overwhelming number of vacations has led to the secret service running out of money to pay their agents with and we're only a little over half way into the year
User avatar
Togetik
Member
 
Posts: 543
Likes received: 81
Joined: 5th February, 2016, 11:24 pm
Country: Australia (au)

Re: US Politics 2017

Unread postby Peekaboo » 22nd August, 2017, 6:14 am

Togetik wrote:Evidently we're an edgy teen on 4chan now with these greentext arrows but alright

Pity wrote:"Trump is a white supremacist, KKK member, and Nazi sympathizer!!!"

>Jewish daughter and son-in-law

>Appoints steve bannon, noted antisemitic alt right fucklord to his cabinet
>Keeps him around despite bannon happily calling Kushner a "globalist jew" regularly, and calling him a cuck
>Refused to mention antisemitism or jewish people in his holocaust memorial speech despite skyrocketing antisemitic attacks

Pity wrote:>Specifically condemns the KKK, Nazis, white nationalists, and the bad members of the alt-right.

>....Only upon the hounding of his daughter, the media and the republican party. Refuses to do any of that unless pressed and hounded for it for days.
Pity wrote:>Heather Heyer's mother thanked President Trump.

>Oh boy, the mother of a woman murdered by nazis thanked Trump for taking an ungodly amount of time to say nazis are bad. Too bad he almost immediately followed it up by walking back and calling Heather mays herself just as bad as the nazis.

Pity wrote:>Agrees local governments should take the statues down if they want.

>Where the shit did you get this from because I can't find anything except him saying the opposite and being an idiot by using the same nonarguments you did earlier in this thread

Pity, in a fit of horrible irony wrote:Part of maturity is recognizing when you are wrong and when an opponent is correct. :tea:


You... you literally lied and used pictures of a completely different protest from years ago to try and make a garbage point on the page you said this and are on record for never ever doing this.

We have a racist thread where you try to justify being a white supremacist that stands as a living monument to your inability to do this.

Meme deployed!
Image
Fear is a Fiction that limits Curiosity
User avatar
Peekaboo
Member
 
First name: Jakob
Posts: 73
Likes received: 31
Joined: 10th April, 2017, 2:46 pm
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: US Politics 2017

Unread postby Peekaboo » 22nd August, 2017, 6:19 am

Seriously though i do think people are overreacting here, And it does feel a little bit like a witch hunt. This is the exact same thing that happened to Obama a few years ago when it came to classifying an event as a terrorist attack and he gave the exact same response. Only now its the media savvy left that are the critics.
Fear is a Fiction that limits Curiosity
User avatar
Peekaboo
Member
 
First name: Jakob
Posts: 73
Likes received: 31
Joined: 10th April, 2017, 2:46 pm
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: US Politics 2017

Unread postby Togetik » 22nd August, 2017, 6:45 am

Peekaboo wrote:Seriously though i do think people are overreacting here, And it does feel a little bit like a witch hunt. This is the exact same thing that happened to Obama a few years ago when it came to classifying an event as a terrorist attack and he gave the exact same response. Only now its the media savvy left that are the critics.


God "triggered" memes are the antithesis of humour, but anyway this is a pretty blatant false equivalency.

Obama was hounded by right wing media for "not saying radical islamic terrorism" despite actively doing that wherever it was appropriate. Obama wasn't supported by public and noted islamic terrorists and didn't take months to disavow them, Obama didn't take an outrageously long time to address a fatal terrorist attack and then blame the victim for being just as bad, Obama didn't have day 1 confirmation of a terrorist attack and refuse to make any kind of reasonable comment on it, Obama didn't begrudgingly say islamic terrorist were bad only after being hounded by his own family, his party and the media (and then complain that he had to do it before immediately backtracking and saying both sides were actually bad).

A witch hunt is attacking people over nothing, this is criticising the president of the united states for supporting Nazis openly and brazenly
User avatar
Togetik
Member
 
Posts: 543
Likes received: 81
Joined: 5th February, 2016, 11:24 pm
Country: Australia (au)

Re: US Politics 2017

Unread postby Peekaboo » 22nd August, 2017, 6:56 am

Togetik wrote:
Peekaboo wrote:Seriously though i do think people are overreacting here, And it does feel a little bit like a witch hunt. This is the exact same thing that happened to Obama a few years ago when it came to classifying an event as a terrorist attack and he gave the exact same response. Only now its the media savvy left that are the critics.


God "triggered" memes are the antithesis of humour, but anyway this is a pretty blatant false equivalency.

Obama was hounded by right wing media for "not saying radical islamic terrorism" despite actively doing that wherever it was appropriate. Obama wasn't supported by public and noted islamic terrorists and didn't take months to disavow them, Obama didn't take an outrageously long time to address a fatal terrorist attack and then blame the victim for being just as bad, Obama didn't have day 1 confirmation of a terrorist attack and refuse to make any kind of reasonable comment on it, Obama didn't begrudgingly say islamic terrorist were bad only after being hounded by his own family, his party and the media (and then complain that he had to do it before immediately backtracking and saying both sides were actually bad).

A witch hunt is attacking people over nothing, this is criticising the president of the united states for supporting Nazis openly and brazenly

Thanks for making my point buddy, where did the time period of months come from? As i don't recall ever mentioning how long it took.

Also i don't see how 2 days is an outrageously long time and no-one besides those who died at Charlottesville are victims. The fact that you use this tragedy as an opportunity to play "victim" is appalling.

When people of the likes of the Antifa were at Charlottesville how dare you say with absolute certainty that it was the fault of only one side. You are literally saying that it is their fault because they had a target on their back.
Fear is a Fiction that limits Curiosity
User avatar
Peekaboo
Member
 
First name: Jakob
Posts: 73
Likes received: 31
Joined: 10th April, 2017, 2:46 pm
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: US Politics 2017

Unread postby ConnorM » 22nd August, 2017, 3:04 pm

Peekaboo wrote:
Togetik wrote:
Peekaboo wrote:Seriously though i do think people are overreacting here, And it does feel a little bit like a witch hunt. This is the exact same thing that happened to Obama a few years ago when it came to classifying an event as a terrorist attack and he gave the exact same response. Only now its the media savvy left that are the critics.


God "triggered" memes are the antithesis of humour, but anyway this is a pretty blatant false equivalency.

Obama was hounded by right wing media for "not saying radical islamic terrorism" despite actively doing that wherever it was appropriate. Obama wasn't supported by public and noted islamic terrorists and didn't take months to disavow them, Obama didn't take an outrageously long time to address a fatal terrorist attack and then blame the victim for being just as bad, Obama didn't have day 1 confirmation of a terrorist attack and refuse to make any kind of reasonable comment on it, Obama didn't begrudgingly say islamic terrorist were bad only after being hounded by his own family, his party and the media (and then complain that he had to do it before immediately backtracking and saying both sides were actually bad).

A witch hunt is attacking people over nothing, this is criticising the president of the united states for supporting Nazis openly and brazenly

Thanks for making my point buddy, where did the time period of months come from? As i don't recall ever mentioning how long it took.

Also i don't see how 2 days is an outrageously long time and no-one besides those who died at Charlottesville are victims. The fact that you use this tragedy as an opportunity to play "victim" is appalling.

When people of the likes of the Antifa were at Charlottesville how dare you say with absolute certainty that it was the fault of only one side. You are literally saying that it is their fault because they had a target on their back.

One of the problems that Mr. Trump has had, and the reason why Togetik mentioned the "time period of months" is due to David Duke, the former Grand Wizard of the KKK and noted white supremacist, of whom Trump said during the election in 2000, "You don't want people like that in your party," however, when Duke threw his support in for Trump, the man refused to condemn Duke and his racist views effectively until his second speech on Charlottesville. In fact, in 2015, Trump claimed that he "didn't know enough" about Duke or his organization to condemn them, despite him previously condemning them fifteen years earlier.
Image
User avatar
ConnorM
Sir Conor the Incompetent
 
Posts: 422
Likes received: 97
Joined: 14th December, 2013, 11:21 pm
Location: NY
Country: United States (us)

Team: The Far East

Re: US Politics 2017

Unread postby Jacketh » 22nd August, 2017, 3:38 pm

Who do you guys think would be the best route for the Dems in 2020?

It has to be Bernie despite the age really, doesn't it?
Image
User avatar
Jacketh
Admin
 
First name: Jack
Posts: 10092
Likes received: 598
Joined: 12th June, 2012, 7:00 pm
Location: London
Country: Portugal (pt)

Re: US Politics 2017

Unread postby ConnorM » 22nd August, 2017, 3:47 pm

Jacketh wrote:Who do you guys think would be the best route for the Dems in 2020?

It has to be Bernie despite the age really, doesn't it?

Bernie's too old and too controversial. Yes, lots of young people like him. However, those young people are just about the least likely demographic to vote.
If a Democrat is to win in 2020, it requires two things; first, they need to have the support of the moderate Americans, enough of whom voted for Trump likely due to the too-far-left platform that the Democrats had in 2016, and second, Donald Trump needs to be the Republican candidate. Now, that second part might seem silly, but despite the fact that the incumbent has always had his party's nomination over the last half-century or more, it in no way guarantees that Trump will. His approval rating is too low, and he's lost the support so much of the people who decided his election to the presidency that he might not manage to even get the Republican ticket if he continues like this.
As I think I mentioned before, 2016 was the first time that my dad voted for a Democrat. He's voted Republican every year since 1984 except 2012, when he abstained due to Mitt Romney's anti-same-sex marriage platform. But I'm convinced that if there's a moderate running through one of the major parties (Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer seems to be eyeing the ticket, as well as NY Governor Andrew Cuomo) that person will get elected by the people who are just tired of the political nonsense.
Image
User avatar
ConnorM
Sir Conor the Incompetent
 
Posts: 422
Likes received: 97
Joined: 14th December, 2013, 11:21 pm
Location: NY
Country: United States (us)

Team: The Far East

PreviousNext

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Twitter [Bot] and 33 guests