Active topics
Unread | New posts
Your bookmarks
Your friends' posts
Your posts | Quotes
Welcome, CommonCrawl [Bot]!

It is currently 23rd April, 2014, 2:38 am

Forum rules

Welcome to the Intellectual Discussion subforum.

This forum is the place for intellectual discussions, such as philosophical or scientific debates. There are some guidelines that apply specifically to posts in this forum, of which you will be expected to have made yourself aware before participating. They are as follows:

• Intellectually stimulating topics only. If you can't have a deep discussion about something, it does not belong here.
  • If you're going to post, have something to say. When you make a new thread, write the initial post in a way that provides an introduction to the topic and invites further discussion. You could tell us how you feel and why, but always aim for constructive responses that further a discussion about the ideas involved, rather than a simple list of people's views. (Instead of asking "Are you a vegetarian?", discuss some of the arguments involved.) This guideline likewise applies for responses to topics.
  • Write using good English. That means full sentences with proper capitalisation, punctuation, spelling and grammar. No one is perfect, though; this is not an invitation to criticise others for minor mistakes.
  • Be nice. This is a forum for rational discourse, not flame wars. No one is always right. Be respectful of other people's views and accept that we are all entitled to our own.

These guidelines will be enforced by the moderators based on their best judgement, and anyone who does not take them seriously will lose the privilege of posting here. Spammers will be banned from the entire forum.

Page 1 of 18 [ 358 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
Unread postPosted: 28th December, 2011, 6:56 am 
aussie boooy
So what are you're thoughts on things to do with this topic?
Personally, I don't think that the new design for The World Trade Centre is particually right for New York's general personality/appearance, if you know what i mean. The design is too clean/glassy looking, as if it belonged in Shanghai or Dubai.
On another note, I think that the idea of not re-building a pair of twin towers is a good idea. For another pair to be built, it may symbolise that maybe America hasn't moved on, or that the attacks never happened, bringing dis-honour to victims and their families.

What are your thoughts on things?

Unread postPosted: 28th December, 2011, 9:11 am 
I don't like the way Bush handeled the situation.

Unread postPosted: 28th December, 2011, 9:17 am 
aussie boooy
I agree :)
I don't think the investigators even looked for Black Boxes? They were most likely lost before hand due to explosions anyway...

Unread postPosted: 28th December, 2011, 9:20 am 
Turncoat
josh_the_man wrote:
I don't like the way Bush handeled the situation.

Get fucked you ignorant Perthian you know nothing nothing :wtc: George W Bush is a great man

I feel considering the situation that he was thrown in to he acted rather well, he didn't cause a panic and he acted as a rallying force for the people.
George W Bush wrote:
“I made the decision not to jump up immediately and leave the classroom. I didn't want to rattle the kids. I wanted to project a sense of calm,”

As for the design I like it, it's modern and pleasing on the eye.

Unread postPosted: 28th December, 2011, 10:20 am 
I don't know...I like the new design. I go down to see ground zero every now and again so I think it'll be better to go down and see the actual tower.

And Yes! Bush did NOT handle the situation right. Most of us New Yorkers believe that Bush was aware that 9/11 was going to happen before it did.

Unread postPosted: 28th December, 2011, 10:23 am 
Turncoat
sillyboy18 wrote:
Most of us New Yorkers believe that Bush was aware that 9/11 was going to happen before it did.

Most Americans believe in god, that does not make him real though.

Unread postPosted: 28th December, 2011, 10:44 am 
sillyboy18 wrote:
And Yes! Bush did NOT handle the situation right. Most of us New Yorkers believe that Bush was aware that 9/11 was going to happen before it did.

I'm not a big fan of all these "conspiracy theories" or that we had prior knowledge of the attacks. I just think it sounds silly and basically isn't honoring the people that died that die. I think it is the ONLY thing that bush handeled well along with giuliani. (Except for the afghanistan war...now its a disaster) To say that we were aware of something of this magbitude to happen it just doesn't make sense.

Anyways personally, i like the building. It stands out poses as a great symbol.

PostThis post was deleted by Denuto on 8th January, 2012, 5:40 am.
Reason: Double post
Unread postPosted: 28th December, 2011, 1:22 pm 
kylem805 wrote:
I agree :)
I don't think the investigators even looked for Black Boxes? They were most likely lost before hand due to explosions anyway...

I don't think you can call anything that happened an investigation.

I'm not jumping to any conspiracy theories but there was a massive string of "coincidences" that happened on that day. Some that defy all the logic/laws of nature.

Unread postPosted: 28th December, 2011, 1:27 pm 
Actually, I wish they would have rebuilt the towers exactly the same but have made them TALLER. I don't see that as an inability to move on; in fact, it's more of a "fuck you" statement.

Unread postPosted: 28th December, 2011, 1:30 pm 
I think this video states my thoughts on rebuilding the tower.

Unread postPosted: 28th December, 2011, 1:36 pm 
krb612 wrote:
sillyboy18 wrote:

I'm not a big fan of all these "conspiracy theories" or that we had prior knowledge of the attacks. I just think it sounds silly and basically isn't honoring the people that died that die. I think it is the ONLY thing that bush handeled well along with giuliani. (Except for the afghanistan war...now its a disaster) To say that we were aware of something of this magbitude to happen it just doesn't make sense.

Anyways personally, i like the building. It stands out poses as a great symbol.

Have you ever heard of false flag terrorism? Check out some history books. It's happened all throughout time.

It's incredibly effective actually and has been used quite successfully many times. People saying that it doesn't make any sense or couldn't happen seem to miss that.

Unread postPosted: 28th December, 2011, 1:55 pm 
I like the new design, especially the park and the fundaments of the old buildings being used as a kind of ponds. The last time I heard of the plans, I read that they are going to carv all the names of the victims into these fundamenst etc. And I really think that there should be no buildings on the old fundaments or something like that.. Because scars (either on a country or a body) means that you will remember what happened and dont try to push it away or disquise it.

I just hope that there will be more symbols in the park and the surrounding area. Like statues or marble plates with names or verses or little poetry made by the families that lost beloved onces... make it a place of both remembrance and yet also a place which symbolises the fact that the U.S. is trying to embrace what happened and trying to give it a place and that the U.S. isn't going to bow down to some foreign terrorists.

And I think that Bush was a great man at tha-t time, he stood there as a strong man and tried to be calm, while the entire country and the entire world was scared and shocked. He kept a cool head and struck back at those B********rds and made sure to show the world, that when you think you take the battle into the citylimits and reign terror on it's inhabitants, that there will be consequences.

Sure, he made mistakes, but even he is a man with emotions, running through his body. He said: We will go on a crusade. yes that wasn't very smart, but hé, even he gets a adrenaline rush.

So over all. yes I am positive about the post-9-11 plans for ground zero

Unread postPosted: 28th December, 2011, 2:00 pm 
Didn't care for the matter.

Unread postPosted: 28th December, 2011, 2:32 pm 
New leopard, same spots
whales wrote:

please tell me that's fake...

Unread postPosted: 28th December, 2011, 2:35 pm 
Fireman19 wrote:

And I think that Bush was a great man at tha-t time, he stood there as a strong man and tried to be calm, while the entire country and the entire world was scared and shocked. He kept a cool head and struck back at those B********rds and made sure to show the world, that when you think you take the battle into the citylimits and reign terror on it's inhabitants, that there will be consequences.

Sure, he made mistakes, but even he is a man with emotions, running through his body. He said: We will go on a crusade. yes that wasn't very smart, but hé, even he gets a adrenaline rush.

So over all. yes I am positive about the post-9-11 plans for ground zero

I agree with you whole heartedly. He did what he could and did his job as president to secure the safety of everyone and did what was needed. I do think we have lost the cause in Afghanistan but that is a whole other issue to be discussed. But i agree his actions that day were what a President should do and I praise him for that.

Unread postPosted: 28th December, 2011, 3:19 pm 
I'm just going to throw it out there...

Your spelling of 'Center' is driving me up the wall. This ain't Canada and ain't England. I have no problem with the other spelling, but the formal title is the 'World Trade Center'. Just like almost every 'Center' in the United States. Do it right, please!

Unread postPosted: 28th December, 2011, 3:19 pm 
Eric Carr wrote:
whales wrote:

please tell me that's fake...

Onion News Network.

Unread postPosted: 28th December, 2011, 3:22 pm 
Saying George W. Bush deserved praise is like saying the Special Olympics isn't anything other than a bunch of retards pretending they're athletes.

Unread postPosted: 28th December, 2011, 4:21 pm 
People died who the fuck cares? Oh wait um the building is pretty cool.

Page 1 of 18 [ 358 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next

Time zone: America/New_York [ DST ]